Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Mapei and Z-Peugeot were always two of my favorites. At the time I really liked the LaVieClaire but it doesn't do much for me anymore. The Ti-Raleigh I remember as System-U or Super-U which I had a jersey at one time. The Most of the others don't seem like anything great to me, with the exception of Rock Racing which is just hideous. A fun list nonetheless.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Never cared for Rock, Mapei or Z
Once and Ti Raleigh are okay, but I wouldn't give either top 10
for the era T-Kom was better than ONCE and the Raleigh Creda and the older Ti Raleigh was better than the one they featured
Domo Farm Frites was a great frigging kit
Bic was solid, simple and strong
and no mention of Rafael? are you kidding me
Here's my short list. most new kits don't make it
1) La Vie Clare (own an original signed by Greg)
2) Molteni (have 1 signed by eddie)
3) Faema (have 1)
4) Brooklyn
5) Rafael
6) Bianchi (have 1 signed by Gimondi)
7) Bic
8) Peugeot
9) Salvarani
10) Domo Farm Frites

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
There can be only one.

and while I love Molteni, the Mondrian inspired La Vie Clare is still the one I think was the coolest. But Faema is still as awesome, (Plus Bic in the Pic)

I just noticed, in my selection
2 for Merckx
2 for Anquetil
2 for Gimondi

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Agreed, La Vie Claire was the best hands-down.
Liked the Peugeot kit and the Bianchi Team kit as well!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I liked the PDM Chrome Tapes kit. I actually have an original jersey.
Bianchi and Saeco, simple design, love it.
I really liked the Farnese Vini from a couple seasons back. Black and that crazy Fluoro yellow.

·
Registered
30,928 Posts
I liked the PDM Chrome Tapes kit.
Not overly complex yet colorful and a nice blend with the team "tuxedo" paint scheme on the team bike. Certainly one of the classics.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I love that kit too. I was in an informal race a few weeks ago and there was a guy in a full replica LVC kit. It gladdened my heart to see that he could haul ass.
I have an original. In the white section. Greg signed it "Tailwinds Forever", now I need the Badger to sign it

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I have an original. In the white section. Greg signed it "Tailwinds Forever", now I need the Badger to sign it
Damn. Beg him to sign it in a yellow.

·
Registered
607 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.