Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a wireless bike computer for my road bike. I do want it to have cadence in addition to the basics (speed, distance, time). If I can get one that is also a heart rate monitor for just a bit more I'd probably go for that. Not that it probably matters but I'm putting it on a Cannondale Synapse 3 (carbon frame). Thanks.

· Registered
10 Posts
sigma bc 1606L DTS w/ cadence

I have the Sigma wireless comp and the setup was pretty easy. It uses rubber bands to secure the speed sensor to the fork so its easily adaptable to different shaped forks, including carbon. Also, you can either mount the computer onto the stem or handlebars. The functions are also pretty easy to scroll through while in the saddle.

· Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
I have a wireless Sigma 1606 or something like that and I hate it. I bought it under the impression that the current speed was in tenth of a mile an hour increments. It only goes in half mile an hour increments. My bad. Then to make things worse, it will never read 20 mph. It will read 19 mph, 19.5 mph, 20.5 mph, 21 mph, 21.5 mph, etc. BUT NEVER 20 MPH! Sigma's bad. :mad2:

· Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
ktam said:
I have the Sigma wireless comp and the setup was pretty easy. It uses rubber bands to secure the speed sensor to the fork so its easily adaptable to different shaped forks, including carbon. Also, you can either mount the computer onto the stem or handlebars. The functions are also pretty easy to scroll through while in the saddle.

You need to straighten your stem top cap so that the "FSA"s are at 12 and 6 o'clock. I bet the labels on your tires don't line up with your valve stems either, huh? :D

· Registered
934 Posts
I have had the VDO for a couple of years (C4, which just adds some timers); works great, and I like having both sensors wireless. I had the cadence magnet fall out of its plastic holder, though; I don't know if this is a weakness of their design specifically or a general problem.

Hmm, I should go add a review.

· Registered
676 Posts
If you're running Shimano, I'd go with the Flight Deck (wireless), if Campy; I run a Cateye CD300DW....both are great! I once ordered the Sigma, but didn't like the fact that it was attached with rubber bands....too much money to lose for such a cheap mounting idea..
(IMHO)

· Registered
381 Posts
I know you said wireless, but I would like to put in a vote for the wired Cateye Strada with Cadence. Here is a link:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...reid=&pagename=Shop by Subcat: Cyclocomputers

The wired versions are about half the cost of the wireless ones, and you only ever have to replace the one battery in the head unit, so they are less expensive to operate. To me that translates into more bang for my buck.

I know the wired units are more noticable and all, but depending on the color of your frame, (my frame is dark grey/black) possibly not very noticable.

If you just have to have wireless, I'd say go with a Cateye. They have a reputation for quality across the board that some of the other brands have not yet earned.

In any case, enjoy your new ride!

Later,

Jay B.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.