Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for the annual 'best team kit' thread.

I'm really digging Illes Balearas this year. Huge improvement.

Liberty Seguros took a step back. Last year's was better.

When is someone going to cut off those stupid extensions on Disco's shorts?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:

I was going to say Ileas Baleares as well. I dig the black. I don't like Milram or Quick-step. I like Rabobank going back to the darker orange.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Cofidis has the worst kit in the pro peloton. Boring, out of date and generic; dare I say that Cofidis' kit looks worse than anything that Primal Wear has ever released?

As for favorite kit, I love Francais de Jeux. I'm keen on the all-white, but only until Labor Day.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
That's not the illes baleares kit, it's the Caisse d'Epargne kit; they have two. It is pretty attractive.

Apart from that they're all pretty scary, blue, or boring. CSC is cool in red and black but has gotten a little weird over the years. Lampre was drawn in with a highlighter.

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
Doctor Who said:
Cofidis has the worst kit in the pro peloton. Boring, out of date and generic; dare I say that Cofidis' kit looks worse than anything that Primal Wear has ever released?
how dare you?!?

haha...that was funny.....and actually quite true.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
If you really mean Illes Balearas, and not Caisse d'Epargne then we must have completely opposite tastes.

The Illes Balearas kits are fugly, and Liberty's are pretty bland and boring too (last years and this years - just look how they ruined Vino's beautiful Kazhak Champs outfit).

The bits on the Disco shorts are about the only nice touch, IMO.

I guess CSC is my current fave, but i preferred last years.

In the end all of them look the bomb when you see a pro riding past you in full kit. :)

Under ACrookedSky said:

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Even though it's ultra-poseur of me to say, I wish that I could've found a source for the T-Mobile Kazakh kit. I'm all about the blue and yellow, but only if it came without logos plastered all over it.

Sorry, I ain't advertising for T-Mobile when I use VERIZON.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Doctor Who said:
Even though it's ultra-poseur of me to say, I wish that I could've found a source for the T-Mobile Kazakh kit. I'm all about the blue and yellow, but only if it came without logos plastered all over it.
i hear ya. i've got a friend who works for adi, pretty [email protected] high up, and he's been searching for one for me for awhile. they seem to be as rare as the proverbial hens teeth

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I love the Barloworld kit -- basically ripped off from the Saeco kits.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Milram is pretty nice. They incorporated the retro look very well. Now if only it wasn't the same color as Disco, Bouyges Telecom, & Gerolsteiner!

Quick Step is okay, kinda liked last years more.

Liberty sucks.

Caisse D'whatever is nice. Dig the carbon weave.

The best? Kodak/Sierra Nevada. You can really make them out well. Plus their Merckx's are siiiicckkk.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
FD Juex

I always liked the FD Juex kits for their simplicity. Same with the Spanish National team jerseys.

The worst were the old Vini Cariola (sp?) kits.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
FdJ made the save of the year

going with the navy shorts.the all white was too much,big logo easy to spot from above. I like the retro look of the Milram, just hate the color. Too much Blue. Ileas Bal's "French Kit" looks good,but can ya imagine wearing all black on a hot climbing stage in the Pyr?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I completely disagree.

Doctor Who said:

As for favorite kit, I love Francais de Jeux. I'm keen on the all-white, but only until Labor Day.
Cofidis are classy and well done. I do like FDJ too, but I am NOT keen on riding with all white kit, especially in the rain.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
vote for milram...

...and agree on the color. dont care for that powder blue everyone is wearing. navy and orange are taken, so that wouldnt work for them. too bad they dont ride bianchi. celeste would look nice.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
What about the Lampre-Fondital kit? Last year's Lampre-Caffita kit was pretty cool; I think this year's Lampre kit has too much pink and white. Not as sharp as last year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts