Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the most impressive TT bike?
Highroad: Giant
Astana: Trek Equinox
Garmin: Felt DA
Cervelo: P4
Quickstep/Saxo Bank: Specialized Transition
Fly V Australia: Parlee TT

I have to admit the Giant is pretty bad ass. The felt looks like some kind of alien.
Specialized is extremely impressive and a quantum jump from their previous model.
The Treks have always been impressive; why change a good thing?
The Parlee looks half baked IMO.
And the biggest disappointment, coming from a Cervelo freak, is the P4. This is where theoretical design benefits override real usability IMO. Plus it looks like it's carrying a load.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Both, Giant and BMC, TT bikes are every impressive. Giant looks to have really thought outside the box. They are probably the most expensive ones out there besides Parlee, maybe. Trek is a little disappointing taking so long to develop a new model. I would say the Specialized model is very innovative however it looks pretty weird.

My Vote is the Giant....but what happens to its aerodynamic efficiency when it has a water bottle?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was at the TT yesterday and didn't see any Cervelo P4s. P3s were on the trainers waiting for warm up.

There was only 1 BMC Time machine, Moos was riding it. Pretty amazing looking machine. The rest of the riders were on a standard Tri-frame setup.

I don't understand the sloping top tube on the Transition. It is counter-intuitive for Aerodynamics, but I haven't seen any independent Wind tunnel data comparing the top TT models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts