Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
collectorvelo said:
lighter wheels will do more for improving the ride than anything else
The weight of the wheels doesn't matter that much, certainly not on an entry-level bike and associated riding style. Nicer wheels do have a great psych advantage in that they can spice up the bike a whole lot. You could kick it up one notch and get some Campagnolo Sciroccos.

How are the bars working for you? I had ITM 330's on my bike but didn't like to ride in the drops on them. I switched to a Ritchey clone and almost enjoy riding in the drops since. :)

· Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
I'd earlier get a completely new bike than swapping framesets, especially when there's a gruppo like Mirage on the bike. Bikes like yours have a decent resale value, so with the money you'd spend on a frameset plus the revenue of selling this bike on ebay or craigslist you'll be near a bike that has a better frame and components.

· Registered
289 Posts
I rode a OCR1 for a whole year and found it to be lacking very little. The one thing I did find that needed some help where the brakes. I did not realize how weak they where until I got a new bike that had Ultegra brakes and almost put my self over the bars the first time I tryed to stop quickly. Other than riding it and replacing parts that wear out save your money for your next bike. The OCR1 is so easy and fun to ride you will want a higher performance bike soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.