1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
I don't know about the Paramount market specifically but would expect someone would like to collect a bike like that, especially with all the extras.

Do some research. Do a fleabay search to see what's been selling and what they've sold for.
Find some Paramount people and ask them to estimate a fair value, then list everything together in the classifieds here and on other sites.

I'd give it quite a while before I gave up and parted anything out. Seems a shame to tear down such a nice bike.

·
Decrepit Member
1,811 Posts
The Series 5 Paramounts were designed by the Paramount Design Group in Waterford, WI, but were made by National/Panasonic in Japan. They have unicrown forks instead of forks made with investment cast semi-sloping crowns like those on the Waterford built Paramounts, and the frames are built with Tange OS tubing. The Series 5 was originally equipped with Shimano 105 7-speed components. They are great bikes, but generally sell for less than the Waterford Paramounts.

I'm just guessing based on completed ebay auction prices over the past couple of years, but I think the bike would bring $400 - $500 on ebay and somewhat less on CL.

The jersey and gloves would probably bump the price by $100 or so if included in the auction.

My $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.