Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an under seat pack (wedge?) but am concerned about it being too big and rubbing my shorts. So - any suggestions on the best, super small under seat pack. I only need a spare tub, CO2, and tire tools.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
Homenetman said:
I want to get an under seat pack (wedge?) but am concerned about it being too big and rubbing my shorts. So - any suggestions on the best, super small under seat pack. I only need a spare tub, CO2, and tire tools.
That was exactly my criteria when looking for an under seat bag, so I went with this:
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=25161
Fit a spare tube, an Ultraflate Plus with 12g cartridge and tire lever.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you have a Fizik seat with the I.C.S. feature they have a small and medium size bag that fits rock solid and the I.C.S. makes it very convenient. Be careful, I had to warranty my saddle because the saddle part of the I.C.S. was defective. No problems once I figured that out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
John Nelson said:
Any post that asks for the "best" of anything is a question that cannot be answered. Nobody needs the "best". You just need one that's good enough for your needs.
I agree 131.73%.

"Best" should be replaced "what is a good".

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
Just something to think about - most people don't have this problem.
Any under the seat pack that I have used that has a velcro wrap around the seat post catches on my shorts / tights etc. and messes up the fabric. Wasted two pair of shorts and a pair of tights this way. I ride a zero offset seat post - this may have simething to do with it.

Cannondale, trek and now Topeak make a pack that attaches under the seat only with a simple click in and click out mechanism, which also makes it easier to get at the items in your pack when needed.

For me problem solved.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice "beginners" forum - you don't even cut people slack for using the wrong term. Well...excuse me.

So what is a "good" wedge / seat pack that doesn't rub shorts. Sounds to me like maybe that is a major problem and is difficult to find (Not "impossible" as I'm sure I'll be told nothing is "impossible.")

·
Lost in the Black Hills
189 Posts
Homenetman said:
Nice "beginners" forum - you don't even cut people slack for using the wrong term. Well...excuse me.

So what is a "good" wedge / seat pack that doesn't rub shorts. Sounds to me like maybe that is a major problem and is difficult to find (Not "impossible" as I'm sure I'll be told nothing is "impossible.")
i had the same problem with velcro and shorts until i found the one micro topeak pod posted above. it has no velcro and is so small it tucks away fully under seat. mind you, i need to carry the tube and pump in my jersey pocket. i use the topeak micro carbon pump.

inside the wedge pod i only have a multi tool, tire "iron", patch kit, and a CO2 pump.

take care

mx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.