Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a PR on my 20 mile course I went 20.8 in 1 hr 29 min for 14 mph. I'm planning to do this ride until I can get a 16 mph. Then moving on to a greater distance.
I was starting to hear some squeaking type noises coming from the old vintage Raleigh Marathon. Planning to check youtube for some good oiling tips.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It always nice to get a new PR, Congrats.

Keep up the training you'll break that 16mph pretty quickly. I've been riding for 2 years and my first 12 mile loop w/594' of elevation took me 1hr-15min (that's under 10mph!).... I don't ride that loop anymore but rode it last time in 39min (18.5mph).

How's the terrain? flat, rolling hills or combo with some good hills. I have this 40mile course with 2,240' of climb. Last Sat's ride I flew through it and in all the major climbing sections I was much quicker, etc....came home and checked the cycling computer and found out I was almost 2 minutes slower than my PR. I guess it's back to training harder.

Enjoy the ride and keep at it.

Mark

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This what I would say is as Flat as you can get. Its a nice ride with wind both directions ( at least it feels that way lol)coming right off the Ohio River. It's mainly farm land and some River camps. Low traffic and quiet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like you found a great route. Yeah winds are a pain in the rear. I would rather take on hills then ride into the wind. We get wind up here in the northwest that even on a 2% downhill you can literally come to a stop if you're not pedaling. What's funny is I would rather ride in the rain then on a very windy day.

Keep safe and train hard, Take Care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.