Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a new bike in a few months (gotta wait for my discount to take effect :p ). I have narrowed it down to either the Tarmac Comp or the Allez Elite, I do a lot of club rides that are any where from 25 - 50 miles. Both of these will be a HUGE improvement from my current bike which is a 2002 MongoosePRO Morzine (if ANYONE knows what that is lol). I will be able to get the Allez Elite for about $700 and the Tarmac for about $1500. I also plan on getting back into racing form and compete in some local racing series.

Any help, thoughts, opinions, or facts will be welcome as I am stuck between the 2 bikes with my own analysis.

Thanks

Marshall21205

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I don't know a thing about either of them, but I suggest you take a thorough test ride on ea. one. Despite the frame sizes being identical, (if they are), all bikes don't fit the same, and don't feel the same. Beyond that, take a careful look at the components of ea, especially the wheels, as well as the quality of the construction, paint, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.