Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Another vote for Swissstop (Yellow Flash), on the pricey side but I use both alloy and carbon wheels on the bike and the Swissstop do not gather bits of metal that would mar the brake surface on the carbon wheels.

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,041 Posts
I upgraded to KoolStop Salmon pads on my Campy Chorus Differential brakes this past week and I have to say that the improvement in stopping ability is great. New pads don't usually have as much stopping power as after they have broken in and the new KS pads had as much stopping power out of the package as my worn-in Campy stock pads. Now that they have had a chance to break in some they just stop the bike like nobody's business, which is scary when the roads are wet but the rims aren't (like on my early morning ride to work with the night's fog still on the roads).

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,041 Posts
I've never tried Swisstop pads before. What is it about them that makes you prefer them over KoolStop salmon pads? I'm wondering about things like initial grab, overall stopping power, noise, abrasiveness, noise, etc.

Thanks!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,768 Posts
KoolStop salmon pads. Use 'em on all of my bikes. I've never seen them to pick up metal, and they wear very well.

Edit: Jesus Christ, and the Kool Stops don't cost $35-40 like the Swiss Stops! If I pay $80 for brake pads on my bike, they'd better be able to pull the lever for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.