Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some better pics of the Hasa Darkstar and thought I would throw them up. I tried to take enough angles to give you an idea of the construction of the frame.

For those new to this frame, which has a long thread else where, these are an ebay special @ around 450, depending on when you buy. The small weighed out at 1000 grams and fully built, as seen, weighs 14.2 lbs. I has a custom headbadge and die cut decal kit made.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice build. What wheels are those ? Zipps ? I bought a set of zg 07 and tried them out on my 'Dale but I found them weaker than my Ultegra SL brakes. I just could not get them to grip as good as the SL's. I even upgraded the pads to Swiss Stop black pads but did not make much of a difference. Took them off and put the SL's back on. Now the zg07 are on eBay.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Reynolds Dv46T's

I've been riding zero gravs for 2.5 years and have no complants. They don't grab in the same manner as Campy or Shimano but the work well, IMO. I have two sets on differant rides.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kuma601 said:
Looks like it all came together well. Thanks for sharing. :)
It amuses me in a nice way to see these sterile frames built with nice gruppos. Like the PF ones too.
Hopefully the headbadge and decals create something a bit more interesting. Also, I was surprised with the multi-shaped and tampered tubes of the Hasa, which makes it a bit more visually interesting and hopefully was done to enhance the ride qualities of the frame.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
I thought this was a mountain bike for a second!

That compact geo is pretty extreme. But as long as the virtual top tube fits, it's all good. Awesome build.

I just love how nowadays... the components cost more than the frame. Hopefully the big boys will lower their prices a bit. nawwwwwwt.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CleavesF said:
I thought this was a mountain bike for a second!

That compact geo is pretty extreme. But as long as the virtual top tube fits, it's all good. Awesome build.

I just love how nowadays... the components cost more than the frame. Hopefully the big boys will lower their prices a bit. nawwwwwwt.

The effective TT on this frame is almost 53cm. I really can't decern between this compact STT and my other traditional frames. I was only able to get a handful of rides in on it before winter came to the NE, but my initial impressions were very positive.

I paid less than half for this frame then I did for my custom Italian frame 20 years ago and this one rides much better. Hard to believe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good morning,

It appears that all of you have expensive wheelsets and gruppos for this frame. Am I to assume that this frame is as good as frames that cost four times as much. if so that is very good news.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I also thought that was a mountain bike, lovely piece you got there.

raymonda said:
I took some better pics of the Hasa Darkstar and thought I would throw them up. I tried to take enough angles to give you an idea of the construction of the frame.

For those new to this frame, which has a long thread else where, these are an ebay special @ around 450, depending on when you buy. The small weighed out at 1000 grams and fully built, as seen, weighs 14.2 lbs. I has a custom headbadge and die cut decal kit made.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.