Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Darling of The Lounge
5,338 Posts
Good Looking Bike

I took a picture of this G4 at the Solvang vendor expo during the Tour of California back in February. This frame weighed 13.69 pounds as shown. If I recall, the company is based out of Spain, and the frame is made in China or Taiwan.

·
Registered
579 Posts
BH USA is half-owned by Chris Cocalis, founder of Titus and Pivot.

BH was the first company to utilize integrated seatposts, and the G4 is one of 3 or 4 bikes currently produced using Carbon Nanotube Technology.

The G4 is a pretty damn light frame, and I have a hard time believing it's a midlevel frame in Europe. The Connect, maybe.

I have a G4 in my spare bedroom right now that I'm riding again tomorrow. Initial impressions are that it is a very nimble, comfortable frame. 55.5 frame, Ultegra pedals, a D/A kit, and 1550gr wheelset bring the bike to a total of 16.5lbs.

·
Registered
650 Posts
the Inbred said:
BH USA is half-owned by Chris Cocalis, founder of Titus and Pivot.

BH was the first company to utilize integrated seatposts, and the G4 is one of 3 or 4 bikes currently produced using Carbon Nanotube Technology.

The G4 is a pretty damn light frame, and I have a hard time believing it's a midlevel frame in Europe. The Connect, maybe.

I have a G4 in my spare bedroom right now that I'm riding again tomorrow. Initial impressions are that it is a very nimble, comfortable frame. 55.5 frame, Ultegra pedals, a D/A kit, and 1550gr wheelset bring the bike to a total of 16.5lbs.
I'm sorry, I was not specific enough. I was referring to BH as a whole selling a lot of midlevel carbon bikes in Europe, not that the G4 was one of them.

·
naranjito
785 Posts
the Inbred said:
BH was the first company to utilize integrated seatposts
Giant were the first company to produce bikes with an ISP. BH started making them (and their frames became very similar-looking to Giant frames) when one of their engineers moved to them from Giant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had a BH G3 for about a year. First decent road bike so can not really compare but done plenty of 4 and 5 hour rides in plenty hilly terrain. I think it weigh's about 7.1 - 7.2kg with large frame.
Regarding where BH frames are made, my frame has a made in Spain sticker under BB.

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
racing replica said:
I
Regarding where BH frames are made, my frame has a made in Spain sticker under BB.
BH bicycles are made in Taiwan or China (depends on the frame) and finished in the country of stated origin, just like almost every other high end European branded frame. Same as Orbea, Pinarello, LaPierre, Bianchi, ect ect. European bicycle subcontracters lack the ability to produce a cutting edge monocoque carbon frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.