Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an ad for the BH-G7 Disc Road Bike with Evo Carbon Wheels...I am falling all over myself for this bike. I have not heard any chatter on the forums regarding BH bikes. Anyone with experience with this brand?

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
All I know is that I see them being ridden in the grand tours, and that they are made by a company in the Basque Country of Spain, a part of the world noted for their industrial expertise.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
They don't suck.
BH has been making bikes for over 100yrs. They're from Spain with a small presence in the U.S.
I had a BH Prisma for a few years. Loved it. Only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted a more aggressive geometry and got a great deal on an EVO.
I'd buy a BH-G7 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I've never ridden one. I'm not a fan of the seat mast design, but that is based on my eye (I have no experience with them).

Other than that, I don't see anything that would prevent me from considering it as an option. Local availability might be the one limiting factor.

It does have a nice look to it.

Promo for the G7

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
$4800 for an Ultegra disc brake bike is a little spendy.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've always thought they looked like great bikes. They have to be doing something right to have been in business for over 100 years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you can live with going one generation back, Pricepoint has some good deals on the G6 - $1800 for Ultegra mechanical or $2550 for Di2.

The G6 frame is direct-mount, not disc, not sure if that matters to you (or should).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim
Loved your comment...you're right! But, tell me that the image provided does not make you want to buy that!

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
BH bikes are being made in Vietnam now, but the stamp label will say made in Taiwan. Just like Bianchi. Looks like Vietnam is the next destination for manufacturing carbon fiber bicycle frames and parts (see Enve).

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
View attachment 314248
Loved your comment...you're right! But, tell me that the image provided does not make you want to buy that!
I'll resist the temptation to rant about designing a bike to be aero and super light and putting disc brakes on it and just caution about the seatpost. It may be some sort of 'standard' post but if not I'd stay away from proprietary parts especially when they are from a company with a small presence in the US (if that's where you are from). Not the seat posts have a high failure rate but I'd hate to have to trash a frame because I couldn't find a seatpost in the event it did break.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Not even close. Disc brakes? Proprietary "aero" seatpost and how tall is that seat tube? Low quality cheap FSA parts? I know better than that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I hope those who were bashing the disc brake + aero bike concept realize that they were speaking prematurely. Multiple manufacturers (Specialized, Cervelo, BH, others) are now producing disc braked bikes that are just as aero as non-disc bikes and weigh about the same.

My next bike purchase will be a disc brake aero bike. I'm planning to purchase this fall/winter. Disc brakes are brilliant and aero is more important than weight for the majority of my riding even though I do a lot of climbing in the Rocky Mountain front range near Denver.

The Specialized Venge, Cervelo S3 Disc, BH G7, and Merckx San Remo Disc are on my short list.

I'm sensing a trend in road bikes . . . disc brakes! Trek and Giant are currently missing the boat, but I expect they will right the ship for their next iteration of Madones and Propels. Too late to contend for my business, but they will see the light.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
My favorite LBS can't keep BMC RoadMachines (01 and 02) or Cervelo's new aero disc offerings in stock (Despite the horrendous colors of the higher end BMCs). The things are flying out the door.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts