Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about getting one of these bikes and can't find anything about them on the web, other than BH website. So does anyone here have one or has anyone ever used one before?
What you think of them? Any good, comfortable, stiff, build quality etc

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
One of my friends bought one of the show bikes at Interbikes. He let me take it out and ride it for a few hours.

Here are my thoughts on it.

The bike is incredibly stiff. I think part of that is due to the integrated seat post. I felt as though I was straddling a missile. It is definitely a race bike. I would love to have this bike in a race. I'm not really sure how comfortable it would be to ride in for 6 hours though. IMO, this bike was designed to be raced, not for pleasure riding. When I put the foot down, this bike shot forward. I felt as though all my effort was going straight to the pedals.

I don't mean to spout cliches. I really think it's a sweet bike for racing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FondriestFan. Anyone else know anything about them? The only think I've found out about them is that they're Eur1000 cheaper in spain than from my lbs!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
FrankVDB said:
Thanks FondriestFan. Anyone else know anything about them? The only think I've found out about them is that they're Eur1000 cheaper in spain than from my lbs!!!
I thought the BH looked interesting in the report from cyclingnews.com. What price have you found in spain, and can you give a web address?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the spanish site I was looking at www.bicicletasguillermo.com

Don't know what prices you get charged in the USA but my lbs wanted Eur3900 for the L75 :eek: . For about Eur115 more this site will send me a free pair of Cosmic Carbones too! :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nice!

I was at the Valencia race on Tuesday in Calpe and say the Liberty Seguros riders check in at the start. Those BH bikes are hot! The bikes looked absolutely fantastic!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
botto said:
as far as i recall, cyclingnews never tested a bike it didn't like
Well, they get *payed* to like the stuff they write about, it's just advertising baby!

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
perhaps i should try and be more obvious next time.

rogger said:
Well, they get *payed* to like the stuff they write about, it's just advertising baby!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
botto said:
perhaps i should try and be more obvious next time.
I was merely highlighting your point. ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm in Europe, and one of the main French bike mags voted the BH their Road Bike of the Year last year (2005). This was in a shootout with .. well, with everything from what I could tell, and the selection of the winner from the shortlist of three was done by a panel of journos plus selected readers over a weekend. In other words, real-world riding/testing it would appear.

FWIW

B

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any BH Owner here?

I was holding on one of the 04 Global Concept -Liberty color last week... toagether with fork + seatpost.. it's very light.. i think is about same of even lighter than my Cervelo R2.5.

Frame design wise... i just love it... paint job not so fantastic as compare to some italian bike... but not as bad either.... the finishing abit like Orbea orca ....

I went thru some website... unfortunately it's just like everyone here manage to gather... not much detail about this bike/brand...

So... did anyone here actually test ride this bike? or atleast hear from a friend who did rode it, aside from bike mag/ or web reviewer...

I was so tempted to buy the BH frame,especially after my cervelo fell last week (tiny scratch).. but yet i dun dare to risk what i am having now.. beside the paint chip/scratch, i actually got nothing to complain.. well...

So Any BH owner here, i need your input... thanks

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
As I said above, I was very impressed with the ride of the BH. It's very responsive, in an aggressive sort of way. It's comfortable enough, but not the bike for logging in monster miles. It's a racing machine. I likened it to straddling a missile. The bike just seems to want to fly. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I really liked the integrated seat post as well. But, like I said, if you're buying this for your weekend centuries, you may want something more comfortable. For races, the BH punches that ticket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts