Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on cyclingnews.com that Liberty Seguro's BH Global Concept frames are made in northern Spain.
I spoke with one of the importers to the US and he tells me that the frames are made in the Giant factory. It looks almost identical to the latest Giant reviewed on cyclingnews.com.
So what's the story?

Thanks.

·
Roadcyclist
412 Posts
not entirely sure..

but yes, i presume it's made in Taiwan..
it does look exactly like Giant.
my guess would be the frame is made in Taiwan and handpainted in Spain??:confused:
hence..made in Spain :D

my LBS has the BH '05 with the integrated seatpost frameset.
looks ultra stiff to me..

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
IIRC BH is located in the Basque Country, therefore they are north of Spain ;)

Not sure if they're made by Giant (i had heard that Giant was no longer making bikes for other companies these days). I'm sure they're influenced by the Giant design, which Manolo Saiz was involved in. For sure they're made in Asia, and painted in Euskadi, like Orbea.

Perhaps there's also the added confusion of the fact that Liberty rode on Giants that were repainted in BH colors during the begining of their 1st season due to delays in getting the BH frames made?

Fredrik1 said:
I read on cyclingnews.com that Liberty Seguro's BH Global Concept frames are made in northern Spain.
I spoke with one of the importers to the US and he tells me that the frames are made in the Giant factory. It looks almost identical to the latest Giant reviewed on cyclingnews.com.
So what's the story?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.