Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Bianchi do you have? I just bought an old school Bianchi Veloce. What Celeste stuff do you have? And where can I get it?

·
Frog Whisperer
41,025 Posts
I have a celeste frame and I swear every bucket of paint they mix is a different color....
don't even bother with touchup....

maybe the touchup they sell is better than the match to a 2002...

·
Registered
187 Posts
2001 Imola steel. Great bike. Never had to deal with touch-up paint. Bianchiusa.com sells all the accessories. I get the celeste bar tape from any LBS. I also have recently added a celeste saddle that i got from gvh.

J

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
venus said:
What Bianchi do you have? I just bought an old school Bianchi Veloce. What Celeste stuff do you have? And where can I get it?
I have a Boron XL frame, the 2003 Bianchi team jersey, a pair of crappy celeste Look pedals and Elite water bottle cages. And some Deda handlebar tape.

Stuff to buy = Bianchi Store

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
There are only 3 objects that "deserve" celeste....

Bianchi's, electric guitars, and vintage sports cars.

Period.

Mind you, I don't own a Bianchi, never have. I think celeste is a beautiful color and should be used sparingly. Only truly worthy objects deserve it's hue..

BT

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The celeste Bianchis I have would be 2 1999 Reparto Corse cyclocross bikes, a late 80s-early 90s Boardwalk (so it's "only" a hybrid--it's beautiful and it's fun) and 3 '01 Axises (...do these count? Between the graphics and the sapphire blue front end, celeste accounts for maybe 2/3 of the bike....). The remaining bikes are in whatever strange colors Sky Yeager came up with.

·
Looking for a tailwind
78 Posts
Many things are available in Celeste green if you look hard enough—bar tape, pedals, various saddles, bottle cages, bottles and even tires. There was someone recently selling Celeste green rims on eBay a while back, too.

It's been my favorite color for a bike since I was a kid.

Now, I finally have one, and it was even made in Italy. :D

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I had a mid-80s Bianchi Nuovo Record for many years. Just about everything on it was Celeste -- the paint, bottle cages, cable housing, pedals, bar tape and tires. Had a Celeste saddle as well, but it was very uncomfortable. Not sure if you can still buy Celeste cable housing, but that's a nice touch. Check bianchiusa.com for Celeste parts.

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,027 Posts
What is it about the celeste color? My buddy bought an '07 Bianchi 928 Carbon Coast 2 Coast and suddenly he is buying water bottle cages with celeste colored accents, celeste saddle (he didn't like the Aliante saddle so he replaced it with an Arione in celeste), celeste bar tape (we swapped the Ultegra components from the Bianchi for the Chorus from his Colnago so we had to retape his bars), celeste jersey, celeste saddle bag. He wants to get celeste tires and is looking for celeste wheels and pedals. HE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY WITH HIS CELESTE OBSESSION!!!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,565 Posts
Mid 90's Racing Dept frame w/ TSX superset 2 tubeset. Chorus 8 speed.
Celeste bar tape and celeste brake and shift cable. At one time I had celeste cages, but have replaced them with stainless steel. I still use the celeste bianchi water bottles.
After a rain ride.

·
my legs hurt
1,014 Posts
Eau Rouge said:
Many things are available in Celeste green if you look hard enough—bar tape, pedals, various saddles, bottle cages, bottles and even tires. There was someone recently selling Celeste green rims on eBay a while back, too.

It's been my favorite color for a bike since I was a kid.

Now, I finally have one, and it was even made in Italy. :D

sorry to change the topic, but what bars are those?

·
Looking for a tailwind
78 Posts
beantownbiker said:
sorry to change the topic, but what bars are those?

I need to buy a bunch of those and start selling them. :D

Ritchey Logic WCS Classic bend, in 31.8mm. I like them a lot, though I am wishing I got a deeper drop now...

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Eau Rouge said:
Thanks... I almost went red saddle, cages and tape, but chickened out. I think this result is more subtle. :D
Agreed. The slight touch of red adds some nice flair.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks! I just ordered those Celeste bar plugs, LOL. This is a terrible disease.

However, I don't like the "all green" look. I much prefer to have some additional contrast to "anchor" the celeste color, such as black and red. I'm actually taking delivery of my 06 Bianchi Virata ( http://www.bianchiusa.com/06_virata.html ) this week and will have red Selle An-Atomica leather seats, red leather bar wraps, and the new green bar plugs.

·
Banned
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, here is the bike I just bought as is. I'll post a photo when I finish my first celeste overhaul. So far I have new celeste: bar tape, Vittoria tires, bottles & carbon fiber cages to add.

BTW: I love your sig Eau Rouge.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.