1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Here's an old thread on it back when it was new in 2007
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/cyclocross/bianchi-roger-95983.html

One up on Velospace that I looked at back in the day:
Bianchi Roger SS CX on velospace, the place for bikes

My experience on it was not that in-depth. I rode a demo for a couple weeks back in 2007 and liked the snappy ride and the grip of the brakes. But I wasn't a fan of horizontal dropouts because of slippage and brake/rotor alignment, and that's coming from my experience with single speed mountain bikes at the time.

The geometry (mainly top tube length) was similar to the Bianchi road bikes, which I liked. Some Euro frames like Guerciotti cross bikes have tall seattubes and shorter top tubes compared to the Bianchi and Specialized cross bikes.

I recall the rear was a 135mm OLD axle width, so you can use mountain bike rear wheel and even add gear internal Alfine hub if you sort out the cable routing.

It was a unique American market bike, designed when Sky Yeager was the head of design there and was one of her many cool bikes she designed for Bianchi like the Milano and Rollo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.