Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people make of this bike?

Seems like a japan only model as I can only find info on it here in Japan and on Japanese sites. It looks pretty decent, with a faily good level of components.

Flat bar, which some people may hate, but after my sommersault crash on my bullhorns, I like the stability flatbars offer, even if it is at the expense of hand positions.

Discs are over kill on a road bike, but they do look sweet. and the price is pretty nice. just ¥85,000 or around $850USD give or take a few. I like single speeds, they are fast, light and simple, but I missed the option of changing up to a really high gear for all out speed on flats and down hills. I loved rocketing up hills, so I think I need to be more determined and not change down to low gears on them...

COLOURS
Black, White

FRAME
AL7005 Double Butted

Size
50, 55

FORK
Alloy Fork 1-1/8"

SHIFTER
Shimano SL-R440-9

REAR DERAILLEUR
Shimano Tiagra

front derailleur
Shimano FD-R440 31.8mm

crankset
Truvative Touro C2.1 50/34T

chain
CN-HG53

sprocket
Shimano 12/25T 9speed

WHEELS
-
REAR HUB
Shimano M475 32H

RIMS
Alex TD17

TIRES
Kenda Kwick Roller 700x28C

HEADSET
TH No.28 1-1/8"

STEM
Post Modern SMICA COMP

HANDLEBAR
HL AL-110

SEATPOST
Post Modern SMICA SOMP 27.2mm

SADDLE
San Marco Ponza Cr-Mo Rail

BRAKES
Avid BB-5

BRAKE LEVER
Avid FR-5

B.B.
Truvative 68/113mm

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Reminds me of the Kona Dew or the Schwinn Fastback DBR commuter, except flat bar.

I think its a good lookin bike (Black, of course)

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
nice, but integrated hs don't look quite right... bianchi has country-specific stuff- does Bianchi USA send the san jose etc. outside the US? check out the Japan-only offering from Gios

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kinda like the white one, I like the green Bianchi colour and the white seems to stick more with that. But they both look good. haven't seen it in person in a store. Maybe I should order one in.

I am worried about the shing shing common with disc brakes. I have an AM MTB now, Specialized Enduro S-Works with a Marzocchi 66RC fork and Hayes Hydro 8" brakes, they put out a good bit of noise, I am worried about it as even though the style looks good, they might be noisy, I know that dual pull calipers have more than enough power in them for road riding, and are a lot lighter.

Any one else have a road bike with discs???

This bike seems to have alu forks, would prefer carbon, but the price it pretty good, only other option here would be the Giant FCR1, which is a bit more money at ¥100,000 or $1000. but shops offer 10% cash discount here, so pretty much the same.

Can't find any weights for the Bianchi. That Giant is 9.2Kg, which seems pretty respectable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.