Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1989 Bianchi frame from the Giro model. The same frame set was used on the Mondiale and Super Leggera, the models being differentiated by the group set. I recently bought this from the original owner, but it is too big. I was fortunately able to find the same frame in a smaller size.

63 cm CT, top tube 59.5 cc, head tube 20 cm. $400 plus shipping. I'm happy to drive and meet hour-ish from 24504. I will also be in DC this weekend, 12 March. Includes the frame, fork, seat clamp bolt, dropout adjusters but I need to keep the headset.

There was some surface rust at the seat cluster which I took down to the steel and repainted, trying unsuccessfully 3 times to get a good color match before deciding to leave it alone and let it weather. It's not sealed so the new owner shouldn't have a problem removing it and trying again if desired. Otherwise I touched up a few more spots, discovering a few more when I took the bike apart, but overall the frame is in excellent shape. No dents. Decals in good shape with a couple of the small ones gone.

Here's a pic of the bike put together and more in the next post.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts