Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever ridden one? There are a couple on ebay that look kind of neat. Though I need a new bike like a hole in the head.

·
Registered
10 Posts
rcnute said:
Anyone ever ridden one? There are a couple on ebay that look kind of neat. Though I need a new bike like a hole in the head.
Sorry, haven't ridden one yet but i've held one in my hot little hands! My LBS has ONE in stock and it looks bloddy fantastic. The "BIANCHI" lettering is polished Ti while the rest is a matt finish - dead sexy. The frame alone costs $5500 AUD - for a bike, that is totaly insane unless your loaded. It feels light, but the one i held had a carbon seatstay and it was noticibly heavier in the rear end. It wasn't as light as the 928 and came in at 1.5kgs inc fork but don't quote me on that. The only downside is that it doens't have enough celeste :D

I dunno about Bianchi's credability in Ti welding so perhaps if you want a Ti bike, look towards Ti builders with more history? (moots, Litespeed etc)
If you have $5.5k burning a hole in your pocket, then why the hell not! It'd be a fantastic Bianchi and certainly guaranteed to 'get the chicks' hehehe.

Cheers

Timbob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts