Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new bike and I really liked the Bianchi Eros (specifically the steel frame and campy shifters). At the LBS I was sized in a 57cm, since on a 55 cm I was max up on the seat. I recently came across a great deal on a 57 cm 2005 LeMond Sarthe, which has better campy components and is a steel frame as well. My question is will this bike fit me? (I cannot test ride it). The top tube is 57.5 cm on the LeMond and 56 cm on the Bianchi, and the seat tube is 3 cm longer on the LeMond. I should probably just go ride a 57 Sarthe or Croix de Fer, but I don't think they have that size in stock. Any opinions/advice?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
the bianchi has a sta 74, tt 560 actual, the lemond has a sta 72.5, tt 575. Since the top tube on the lemond starts further behind the saddle due to the slack sta they will be close to the same reach. the way to think of it is that the saddle position will be at the same location on both bikes in relationship to the bottom bracket, but on the lemond the top tube will start further back. Draw a saddle in both geometry tables to get an idea. the bianchi has a sloping top tube so if your concerned with standover clearance it will have more. all of this means nothing without a test ride, test what you can. Top tube lenght is more important than standover clearance. you can check the on-line cycling sizing sites so you see more info. on what might work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.