Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this Biazzi bike tonight.

The guy I bought it from said he had it custom made while stationed in Italy. I believe the city he said it was made in was Montichiari, but it was definitely in the Brescia area.

The head badge is a decal that reads “Cicli Lonato Biazzi” There are plenty of Biazzi decals , and oddly “professional” on the top tube (along with a Biazzi signature decal) “Special” on the top of the down tube and “super record” on the LH chain stay. Kind of tacky. There are two others, with stripes that say “Biazzi Lonato”

Columbus tubing.

The wheels are Nisi tubulars with Gipiemme hubs and skewers.

The crank/chain rings are Cascilla with Biazzi pantograph

Deraileurs/shifters are Campy, rear is Nuevo GS. Brakes are Modolo Speedy. Levers are no name with safety levers and the head set Tange. I would say that these were replaced. Bars, stem post, 3ttt.

I didn’t see any numbers, except a “58” stamped on the BB. That seems to be the size.

I can take other pictures. My card was full and the battery was weak.

Does anybody have any knowledge about this name or builder?

· Registered
453 Posts
Couldn't tell you, but I'm loving the MG back there. Beautiful vehicle.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

It’s a 1957 1500. I got it my senior year in High School, and have now had it for 23 years. There isn’t a nut/bolt/ washer that I don’t know where it belongs on that car. There is nothing quite comparable to a British roadster.

It’s part of my other “retro-classic” collection that includes a 67B and a 59Bugeye Sprite (BIG project)

RocketDog, consider yourself lucky to have been able to work on such a project with your father.

Apparently, I must not have enough to do and feel the need to work on and collect bicycles too! The garage is getting pretty tight.

There are a lot of cool things out there, whether it’s old cars, bikes, or whatever that someone, somewhere along the line, maybe had a little more passion to separate their product from the rest, that we see and appreciate, while others can’t and don’t.

My wife is a saint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.