Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the full kit from my new team. first time with bib shorts. So I get the shorts on, then the shirt, maybe a long sleeve jersey over that, possible a vest over that on a cold day. Now I've got to pee. like a kid in a snow suit, everything's gotta come off. am I missing something? or is getting dressed now a strategic decision?

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Roll..

bauerb said:
So I just got the full kit from my new team. first time with bib shorts. So I get the shorts on, then the shirt, maybe a long sleeve jersey over that, possible a vest over that on a cold day. Now I've got to pee. like a kid in a snow suit, everything's gotta come off. am I missing something? or is getting dressed now a strategic decision?
Roll up one leg of shorts.

Hang Mr. Winky out of rolled up side of shorts.

Urinate until complete.

Shake, and replace.

It's really not that hard.

PS: This advice works only for men obviously, women, yeah, it's a lot more complicated.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
spam

magnolialover said:
It's really not that hard.
Not something I would be bragging about in public. If you want I can forward some e-mails that will help you fix that problem.

For the original poster:
Mag's advice works best for watering the grass. Some bibs are cut such that you can bend over a bit and sneak it over the top. Also when dressing put any undershirts and layers underneath the straps, then if you need to exit for a major transaction you only need to remove your jersey.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
seems that some like the roll and tug it down technique to pee, i'm a bend over and whip it out over the top kind of guy.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Depends on the cut of the bibs. I've got pairs that the leg strategy is the only option and pairs where over the top works fine. Either way, put your bibs over any under garments and only the last layer over the bibs.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Mel Erickson said:
Depends on the cut of the bibs. I've got pairs that the leg strategy is the only option and pairs where over the top works fine. Either way, put your bibs over any under garments and only the last layer over the bibs.
Ditto, I got bibs where over the top is the way to go and others that are very high, like way over my bellybutton so the roll-up is the prefered method.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,413 Posts
This is why it's best to wear knee, or leg warmers in winter. Wearing bib shorts and bib tights makes it almost impossible to take a leak.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
the older Assos Bib Knickers

had a little half zip to aid in the 'over the top' as with knickers the other route was closed. was great product design

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
atpjunkie said:
had a little half zip to aid in the 'over the top' as with knickers the other route was closed. was great product design
current assos bib tights stil have the zipper. has come in handy on many a ride :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Argentius said:
over the top for me. They're stretchy.
... which "they" are U talkin' 'bout??:confused:

I remember having to wriggle out of bibs near the end of a metric century, when those rumblings I had early on in my gut became an irresistable urge.

I knew where there was a Porta John and when I arrived, made the conscious decision to leave my Dura Ace equipped Airborne Manhattan Project with ZIPP 404 wheelz, prop'd along the outside of the john while I hastened to take on the facility regardless of it's... condition.

Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, but time was running out, cuz as we all know, when ya gotta go... ya gotta go. Was able to clear the bibs mere nanoseconds before the... flood.

Fortunately, part deux, it wasn't a busy day at the small park where the Porta John stood, and my bike remained unmolested. I left the facility in slightly worse condition than I found it... but I was... happy.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bauerb said:
to pee pull up a leg and stick the pecker out of the bottom and let fly. to crap you're gonna have to take it off unless you're some kind of contortionist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts