Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a LBS's kit. I think they previously had their kits made by Vermarc, but now have them made by Hincapie.

I have a jersey made by Hincapie and I like it despite the disco-silver panels on the shoulders. But i've never tried Hincapie bibs nor Vermarc bibs.

I have no idea what the bib name/model is in either brand. The Vermarc are about $130 and the Hincapie's are $99.

Any experience with bibs from these companies?

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
jeebus said:
I'm thinking of buying a LBS's kit. I think they previously had their kits made by Vermarc, but now have them made by Hincapie.

I have a jersey made by Hincapie and I like it despite the disco-silver panels on the shoulders. But i've never tried Hincapie bibs nor Vermarc bibs.

I have no idea what the bib name/model is in either brand. The Vermarc are about $130 and the Hincapie's are $99.

Any experience with bibs from these companies?
The high-end Hincapie is SUPER nice. My team used them for a few years. Never tried the lower-end Hincapie stuff.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The custom Hincapie stuff is made in a different place than regular Hincapie apparel. I've used Hincapie Power bibs before and they were comfortable. They had a section that was like a mesh around the chamois that was actually see-through so I had to stop wearing them or lose friends. They were in that $99 range so they are probably similar. Just check for the see-through mesh, otherwise pretty comfortable for long rides. I've never ridden Vermac to compare though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts