Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new rider and never owning a pair of bib shorts, Performance Bike has Liquigas-Pata and De Marchi Contour bib shorts on sale. I don't know anything about these brands or how tight they run. Any comments about which one is better?

·
Registered
76 Posts
DeMarchis are good

Can't say anything about the liquigas bibs, but I did buy some DeMarchi contour plus bibs from CC 3 weeks ago. After 250 or so miles, including one century, I love em. I've heard great things about the standard contours as well. Much, much better than the PI microsensors in my opinion. As far as sizing goes, they run pretty standard. PBS has some tech guys who can help you with sizing questions.
One other thing, once you try bibs, you'll never go back. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm very happy with my de Marchi Contours, which I paid about $65 for when Performance had their 20% off coupons. The previous poster says that the sizing is "standard", but I'm not sure what that means. For me, the sizing is European snug, meaning if you wear L in a typical N. American brand (e.g. Sugoi) you should buy an XL in de Marchi. FWIW, I'm 6' 0" and weigh about 175 lbs and take the XL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have really good luck with all the DeMarchi stuff I've bought, including the contour plus bibs. No experience with the other brand, sorry.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
I take it that 'standard' means that a Medium is a Medium, as opposed to American/Super-Size Me fit, where a Medium is actually a Large, and so forth.

jmoryl said:
I'm very happy with my de Marchi Contours, which I paid about $65 for when Performance had their 20% off coupons. The previous poster says that the sizing is "standard", but I'm not sure what that means. For me, the sizing is European snug, meaning if you wear L in a typical N. American brand (e.g. Sugoi) you should buy an XL in de Marchi. FWIW, I'm 6' 0" and weigh about 175 lbs and take the XL.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
love the DeMarchis

best short for the buck

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
thanks for the thread. i was in the market for new bibs. I always heard good things about de Marchi but they were usually outside of my price limit. will see. excellent !

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
isn't "Liquigas-Pata" just the team sponsors printed on the side, not the brand?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liquigas-Pata" is the team sponsor

Quote: "isn't "Liquigas-Pata" just the team sponsors printed on the side, not the brand?"

Yes it is. Being a newbie, I didn't know that. I called PerformanceBike Tech Support and that's what they said, they were the team sponsor. PB said they didn't know who made them for the Liquigas-Pata team sponsor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts