Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the need for some new bib shorts this coming season and I am hoping I will be able to find some that won't make me feel so, um, immodest. I have long legs and I can't stand having so much of them show.

My current shorts are Medium Nalini's. I do have some old Louis Garneau bib shorts that fit about right, but they are borderline see-through. I bought the Louis Garneau's almost 10 years ago, so I am unsure that their sizing will be the same.

Are there bib shorts out there that are known for having longer inseams? I am looking to spend around $100, I am 5' 10.5", 145 lbs, and have a 35" cycling inseam.

I may not be able to get everything I want, but I also prefer a very thin chamois.

Thanks.

·
vegan cyclocross disco
428 Posts
check out Santini CX's. Only about $70 at bicyclinghub.com. you can get the $100 Santini Twist Gel bibs but they're shorter and (I think) not as comfortable. The CX's are pretty long, probably the longest bibs made. Good quality also. CX's are my fav's.

http://www.bicyclinghub.com/sacxbibshprc.html

(no, I don't work for bicyclinghub.com or santini. I have ordered from them before and have always gotten quick reliable service.)

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
My Hincapie shorts are the longest ones I own. I am just under 6'2" with long legs. The volers are almost as long and the price is right.

·
RBR Member
23 Posts
I'll have to give the regular CX bibs a try. I have a pair of the CX Twist Gel and while they may not be as long, I absolutely love them. If the non-Twist is more comfortable and less expensive then I'm in!

~C

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iamandy said:
check out Santini CX's. Only about $70 at bicyclinghub.com. you can get the $100 Santini Twist Gel bibs but they're shorter and (I think) not as comfortable. The CX's are pretty long, probably the longest bibs made. Good quality also. CX's are my fav's.

http://www.bicyclinghub.com/sacxbibshprc.html

(no, I don't work for bicyclinghub.com or santini. I have ordered from them before and have always gotten quick reliable service.)
The sizing on those looks a little screwy. What do you think, a medium for me since I am a little skinnier?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here ya go

Garneau Power Short II, all i have worn for the last 5 years THE BEST, 11.5 inseam, most companies Pearl Isumi etc are 9.5. I am 6-2ish 195, very long inseam and my street pants are 34 waist with 36 (tailored) inseam. I cant but pants 34-34 off the rack, INSEAM TOO SHORT. Garneau saved the day. When on the bike and the bib or short, i use both, when in postisition and strectced are 1 and a 1/2 inch above my knee. Great short, great shamios. The garneau size that fits me with my size abouve is size MEDIUM.

I am however going to look at the other shorts suggested in this thread. Very hard to find long inseam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts