Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here's another question on bib shorts what do you think about a company called velowear.com they have a new bib short for 2008 called the elite dx $119.95 what's your guys take on these ?

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
I've tried 3 different types of velowear bottoms and thought each one was better than the last.

Then I bought Louis Garneau and was in heaven, and have been getting better ones ever since. In all honesty, I will never go back to velowear. The material is pretty crappy and the chamois is not comfortable on rides over an hour. To each their own, though.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
frank418 said:
Hi all, here's another question on bib shorts what do you think about a company called velowear.com they have a new bib short for 2008 called the elite dx $119.95 what's your guys take on these ?
I just bought that bib a couple weeks ago. It's an improvement over their regular shorts for sure. The DX shorts have a tighter compression and feel more fitted. The chamois is thicker but has no exposed stitching in the crotch unlike their other pad. They're comparable to other bibs I've tried in that price range and say $50 higher. Oh yeah they are noticably shorter, say and inch or so, their other bibs.

The old short at $50-70 is still the best bib made at that pricepoint. They last about a season and a half before the velcro starts to wear out but I usually buy them on sale so you can get 3 for about the same price. Hard to pass up.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just got Team Voler Pro Cycling BibShort $79.95, and also the Voler-made Hammer Nutrition bibs $49.99. They're great shorts. Can I get better? Probably, but I'd blow my whole biking budget for the year on one or two bibs.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
I just ordered me a pair from Competitive Cyclist!! Thanks for the heads up!

Tim

·
Registered
473 Posts
dekindy said:
Hammer Nutrition = inexpensive Velowear as long as you don't mind wearing the logo, which I do no mind. YMMV.
Also, the Hammer for $49.95 is the same bib as the $59.95 Voler, but has the high-end pad instead of what Voler puts in their cheapest bibs.

BTW, Voler has a sale on those bibs for "members only" right now for $41.95.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.