Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Performance Ultra bibs and they work pretty well. Unfortunately they are not amenable to urination w/o pulling off the jersey and finding a bush. Is this a function of these bibs or bibs in general? I like the fit but they are definitely not meant for excretion w/o removal. Its only a problem when I have to get dressed and drive somewhere for a ride. Otherwise its not a big issue. Maybe there are bibs with a stitched overlay for male benefit?

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Davis69 said:
I've been using Performance Ultra bibs and they work pretty well. Unfortunately they are not amenable to urination w/o pulling off the jersey and finding a bush. Is this a function of these bibs or bibs in general? I like the fit but they are definitely not meant for excretion w/o removal. Its only a problem when I have to get dressed and drive somewhere for a ride. Otherwise its not a big issue. Maybe there are bibs with a stitched overlay for male benefit?
pull up leg and hang choad out the bottom....then pee.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Be glad you are not female, because then your options become much more limited.
If you have to sh*t then it's pretty much the same. Sucks stripping to nothing in a port a john.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Be glad you are not female, because then your options become much more limited.
although for ladies if you choose shorts not bibs you can just slide to the back of the pack... drop shorts, slide off the back of the saddle and let her rip.

don't even have to get off the bike!

·
Registered
518 Posts
fleck said:
although for ladies if you choose shorts not bibs you can just slide to the back of the pack... drop shorts, slide off the back of the saddle and let her rip.

don't even have to get off the bike!
Hell, women's saddles even have a hole in them for such a time.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Funny, I just ran into a port a potty dilemna last night, first time in bibs, and I hadn't
even considered the 'logistical' aspect. It's not easy getting out of a skin tight jersey in a cooped up smelly space. Not to mention the person waiting outside got God knows what impression of the grunting sounds coming from inside! I can't deny that I appreciate the lack of a waistband feeling, but is that worth an additional $20?

·
Registered
838 Posts
You know Andrea, you've got me thinking. I wore my new skinsuit for the first time last week. Didn't have to pee...but now I'm picturing unzipping it in the porta pottie , peeing, and then realizing I've dragged the whole top of the skinsuit down into the depths of hell.

Gonna have to avoid that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wore my team kit bibs for 2 years. this year I ordered regular kit shorts. I havn't worn the bibs this season. what's the big deal about bibs?
BTW, when I *used to* wear bibs, I peed using the up-and-over method. no problem. I also never put the straps on until I had finished warmup and was changing for the race

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Good News

Good news Davis! Just got an e-mail this morning on adding "inches" to my bib sausage. Post your e-mail address here in the forum and I will forward it on to the spammer who has the wonder drug you need. Then you will be able to just flop it over the top for instant relief.

phoehn9111 said:
...port a potty dilemna...
...It's not easy getting out of a skin tight jersey in a cooped up smelly space...
I always remove my jersey before entering the pot. No way am I going to take the chance of something falling out of a pocket and into the blue water while disrobing or putting my jersey back on. I just put the jersey along with my helmet in the helmet holder riveted on the side of the portapot, it is so cool whoever thought up that handy little container to put your stuff in. Another advantage of wearing an undershirt in addition to wicking and crash protection is a little bit of modesty as you remove your jersey. Besides, everyone knows what you are going in there to do anyways and probably appreciate the fact that you are keeping the line moving by being ready to dump immediately after entering. PS - bibs are still worth it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've seen this discussion more than once on this site, and to me it's pretty simple, and not worth discussing any further on this forum. It's either pull up the leg, or pull down the front. If either of those don't work for you, then wear regular shorts. Nuff said.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.