Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'5" and looking for a pair a bibs. XL's are my size in shorts. I'm having problems with finding a pair with longer braces. I have tried to date c'dales, nike, specialized, Louis garneau and PI's. All seem short. I know that when I am riding and bent over they should loosen up, but none of those seem like they will fit even on the bike.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
95 Posts
Try Hincapies. George is tall and they are designed for pretty much tall and slender riders. They run $129 for a pair from the website, and you can sometimes find them on eBay for about $75-100. I have a pair of XL's and they are super comfortable. I don't even notice I have them on especially in the riding position. Hope that helps.

Mark
"Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt those of us doing it."

· Registered
197 Posts
Have the straps altered....

To solve my problem, I took a piece of elastic 2 inches in width to the cleaners, and just had the bibs altered. It's trial and error as far as the length of elastic. 4 to 7 inches, is probably a good starting point...Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.