Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My first post here I think,well anyway I would like to know if anyone here has done the bicycle across New Jersey from Hight Point to Cap May 234 miles?
I would appreciate and information I can get my hands on,campsites,hotels.motels,food stops,road conditions etc:
I am thinking of attempting this trip in a few weeks.
Also if anyone would like to go with me let me know I am planning about 5 or 6 days this is my first long tour and I still need to get a front rack and Panniers.
Thank you for your time.:thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fasteddy.
Anyone else have any information I could use ? :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
resurrecting this old post and still looking for any information I can get my hands on and this time I feel this trip will take place so any help would be appreciated,any done this whole ride.
Thanks for your time and help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
OP, I hope to ride the NJDOT route soon ("plan" is too strong a word), at least the part from around Batsto in the Pines north to High Point and back (I've already done most of the Southerly, toward Cape May section at one time or another).

I figure since most of the ride is along Rt 206, finding a motel when I'm ready for one should not be a problem. I'll just allow enough time to take it as it comes, and not over-plan.

My buddy has ridden it North-to-South all in one day (~208 miles, The Longest Day of New Jersey ride, as someone else here referenced), starting out at 3:30 in the dark morning, and having to provide his own sag wagon (his wife drove). He had saddle sores for months, but he wears the commemorative jersey proudly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the information

1 - 12 of 12 Posts