Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm behind in my issues of Bicycling Magazine but I have a ?. Seems like around Nov of 2008 Bill Strickland no longer is the editor of Bicycling Magazine. What happened? Do he move on, quit, fired?

I enjoyed his "letter from the editor" in each issue. The new Lady is good, I'm just wondering what happened to Bill.

·
A Midwesterner In Europe
103 Posts
He's still there.

It's Steve Madden that is gone, he moved to a higher position with Rodale Press. Loren Mooney took over his spot as editor in chief. Bill Strickland is still listed as "editor at large." This is as of my April 2009 issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ya time passes an so do editors. Did anybody catch the piece they did on the group of camp riders that rode from somewhere to Dc. Great piece. They found them all 20 years later and most were still riding in some fashion. Reminded me of the trips we used to take 30 years ago before carbon and computers. Ahh good times.

Ekh.

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Shoot, I just paid double for a full year(old sub card)- and I still never received my free Mountain Bike subscription. Who should I gripe to about this?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I subscribed to B-M back in the 1980's - 90's. Then they changed. No more interesting stories of the common-person on a bicycle that didn't cost as much as a new car. Million dollar bicycles only. Obviously the readership they are courting has money to, literally, burn.

At present I wouldn't even line a bird-cage with that rag.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Now you're catching on to my opinion of Bicycling magazine. :lol: :yikes: :lol:

0 Posts
There seems to be some improvement under the new editor. Only time and a few more issues will tell.

The previous editor was all about pushing product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.