Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rain this morning, and now suddenly the temp has plummeted and everything is (within 10 minutes) covered in an inch or more. they're predicting five inches of snow overnight.

this may mean nothing to many of you, but we don't usually have snow in memphis. ice, maybe. or a dusting.

hell, there's only slush on the roads right now, and i saw three cars wrecked into the curb on the 3.5 mile drive home. :rolleyes: wonder how many wrecks tonight in grocery parking lots when everybody races for their "emergency supplies". :rolleyes:

i'll get a pic later, if i can find the cam and batteries.

i let the dogs out when i got home and Rey went right to business. my little skinny girl, Skye, went right back to the door where i was standing, shivered, and looked up at me, begging passage back to her safe and warm kennel. she's only two or so, and has never seen snow.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Friends of mine smuggled a puppy out of Cuba on the plane they hid him in a beauty case, sedated with valium. Anyway they dragged the poor mutt from the tropics to a western Europian winter, the dumb animal was totally pink with very little hair on him, he quickly learned to shiver at the sight of his leash...

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
svend said:
My daughter saw snow for the 1st time last weekend.....she went apesh!t nutz, she loved it

Mould played SD last night, sold out show.....heard it was good
yeah, i read he was playing there. if he alters his tour dates to get anywhere close (<5 hr), i'm in the car.

the STL show last sept was amazing. great band he's got with him.

but i preferred the STL show a few years back where it was just Mould and a mixer and his guitar.

;)

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
she's only two or so, and has never seen snow.
My daughter saw snow for the 1st time last weekend.....she went apesh!t nutz, she loved it

Mould played SD last night, sold out show.....heard it was good

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
rogger said:
Friends of mine smuggled a puppy out of Cuba on the plane they hid him in a beauty case, sedated with valium. Anyway they dragged the poor mutt from the tropics to a western Europian winter, the dumb animal was totally pink with very little hair on him, he quickly learned to shiver at the sight of his leash...
That is poetry, man! That's beautiful. It should be a song, sung by an old country singer. Willie Nelson, perhaps.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My snow's bigger than your snow.

Your snow in Memphis probably causes you guys as much trouble as the 50cm we got in the last week. I don't imagine you would have much in the way of plows or blowers. Your's will go away in a couple of days and our's will be going in April. Hopefully you haven't shaved yet so you can put on a fur hat and go out and brave the elements
RCA

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Dude, it's the apocalypse! Grab your kid and get out of Memphis. Go to your hidden cache, and fight your way out to the west coast. I mean, it's still the apocalypse out here, but at least it's warm.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snow Pics! Post 1/2

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
snow pics! post 2/2!
No fair. I haven't seen snow since the last time I went skiing - about 4 years ago. :(

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
snow pics! post 2/2!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mohair_chair said:
Dude, it's the apocalypse! Grab your kid and get out of Memphis. Go to your hidden cache, and fight your way out to the west coast. I mean, it's still the apocalypse out here, but at least it's warm.
blondie just walked in with a bag of emergency supplies her boss made her take. :rolleyes: food and water and stuff. she doesn't yet know i'm prepared for the zombie rebellion. i laughed and told her i'm "prepared". LOL!

got enough MRE's and water for about a month, in the house. :)

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
IT's headin our way... yeeha!

6"-8" according the guess starting later tonight.

Will be a good day tomorrow for a good book, a nice fire and a bad woman.

Read all the books, outa wood and no woman.

Wait! I have a duraflame log in the garage.

One out of three.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
blondie just walked in with a bag of emergency supplies her boss made her take. :rolleyes: food and water and stuff. she doesn't yet know i'm prepared for the zombie rebellion. i laughed and told her i'm "prepared". LOL!

got enough MRE's and water for about a month, in the house. :)
Note to self, add J's homestead on my safehouse map.... ;)

My dad used to bring home "sea rats" by the case for us when I was little. Nothing was cooler than hanging out in the woods near my house and busting out some camo green encased nourishment. They weren't near as tasty as today's MRE's, but when your 9 who cares what it tastes like, you know Rambo would of eaten it.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
WOW!!! That's what like, a inch, perhaps less?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
FTF said:
WOW!!! That's what like, a inch, perhaps less?
This is more actual snow than we have seen in what seems like 10 years.

Show a man a bath tub of water after 10 years in the desert and it will seem like the ocean.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
firstrax said:
Thats a "Tennessee Foot".
Apparently the educamcational system in Tennessee leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
727 Posts
WOW, SNOW ON THE GROUND and like, its almost deep enough to cover the soles of your shoes......what ever will you do? don't worry, we'll all send you a care package-flash-lights, candles, blankets-OH, and a travellers guide to northern Canada so you can see what a real winter looks like, wimp-o!!! :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts