Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Obviously a lot of thought and work went into making it, but what good is it? What does it do? Is it street legal, or just an exercise in engineering. To me it looks like the bicycle equivalent of a ghettoized SUV.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True. I was thinking that some one on the board had seen it or even operated it. I think it would be cool if someone could engineer a vehicle that incorporated human power with electric or even steam power. I'd want something like that.

Side note about those tires. It looks like they are standard 26 mountain bike tire cut and screwed to a solid rim. Strange but I guess you cant just find a light weight 4 foot tall tire.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the flame throwers are a nice option. Keeps the passing motorist at a nice safe distance.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jorgy said:
This thread did not deliver. I expected a pic of a Berner on a bike or something.
Does this help?

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least he feet or paws are on the pedals... sorta.

·
Registered
283 Posts
SEK82089 said:
True. I was thinking that some one on the board had seen it or even operated it. I think it would be cool if someone could engineer a vehicle that incorporated human power with electric or even steam power. I'd want something like that.
Already on the market - velomobiles like the GoOne3 can be had with electric assist like the Bionx systems. And they're aero enough to cruise at 30+ mph on human power alone.

For a somewhat more practical quadricycle than the Big Dog you can buy 'em from Utah Trikes.

·
Poseur
1,408 Posts
SEK82089 said:
I think the flame throwers are a nice option. Keeps the passing motorist at a nice safe distance.
Nope, needs a bazooka for that.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts