Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with the Colorado Cyclist Bike Box? I'm considering that or the Crateworks Pro XL-C (which I've read good things about). I'll be shipping my bike UPS, USPS, or FedEx to Atlanta for the TdG. I don't trust the airlines, and don't care to pay the extra anyway. I especially don't care to have TSA ripping thru my bike box looking for bombs so I think shipping it will be the way to go. Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
BVBR said:
Anybody have any experience with the Colorado Cyclist Bike Box? I'm considering that or the Crateworks Pro XL-C (which I've read good things about). I'll be shipping my bike UPS, USPS, or FedEx to Atlanta for the TdG. I don't trust the airlines, and don't care to pay the extra anyway. I especially don't care to have TSA ripping thru my bike box looking for bombs so I think shipping it will be the way to go. Any opinions?

I have a Crateworks and love it. It has made many trips and is still going strong.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
steephill said:
I once checked it out online but I couldn't determinet whether it is collapsable. Is it?
Mine is the corrugated plastic model and it is does collapse. In fact, I once slept on it in a meadow at the base of the Izoard because the roads closed early for Le Tour. Another time a friend had the cardboard model and had it loaded down with items including his bike and a gallon sized tin of olive oil. He was on an Italian train and the tin was pierced by the brake caliper. The box and train floor were a mess but his box lasted years more and smelled nice too.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Two thumbs up for the Crateworks. Solid corrugated plastic, cheaper than other hard case models with similar features and functionality, and light. Have not travelled with it as much as I would have liked to so far, but have not regretted buying it. Plenty of space and well thought out and designed.
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts