Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Pedal Force are there any other sites where you can pick a frame and each individual piece to custom build your own bike?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I like about Pedal Force is that they give you an estimated final weight as you're building the bike. They give you all the major brands, with tons of choices of components. Does anyone specific have a site like this one?

·
Two wheels=freedom!
708 Posts
But they only offer their own "brand" framesets....

Sure, a slick interface that gives you estimated weights is cool, but you can do the same thing by spending a little time at weight weenies.

Also pick up the phone and talk to, oh lets say Colorado Cyclist, or Excel Sports, or heck, any number of places and they can give you much the same service on a broader spectrum of frames and components, wheels etc.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I am looking for. I don't want to spend the extra money on a name brand frame. Like I posted initially, I am looking for another web site similar to Pedal Force.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
links0311 said:
What I like about Pedal Force is that they give you an estimated final weight as you're building the bike. They give you all the major brands, with tons of choices of components. Does anyone specific have a site like this one?
You can use the pedal force site, subtract their frameset, and add the other manufacturer's frameset weight.

Even then, weight is speculation +/-50% at all times lol. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts