Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Certainly less per mile than a car but there are emissions. The food you need to eat to replace the calories you burn riding has a significant carbon footprint and associated emissions.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Certainly less per mile than a car but there are emissions.
Yeah... And I don't recall any actual "oil wars" ether. Maybe I am just not the actual preacher/advocate type.

·
Banned
941 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't like how some of us jump on the bandwagon that says bike riding does have a footprint. The question was, do you have a favorite bumper sticker. Come on guys, quit being so precise.

Reactions: Shaba

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
There's were controversial results from health-and-fitness related research, apparently claiming that cycling (among other things) can lead to memory loss:

Study: Prolonged Cardio Can Lead to Memory Loss, Marathoners at Risk of Cardiac Arrest, Joint Damage | Frugivore Magazine
A link to a history of some of the wars would have been nice.

Please.... Don't forget.... some of us gave a lot in war. Pretending that we did so in an effort to support your pet ideals... can be a bit insulting. Suggesting memory problems can just piss me off.

I am a serious cyclist! You can/could even say I do some advocacy for cycling. But I have a religion and the God I believe in doesn't have wheels. As much as I love cycling.... cycling IMHO isn't the solution to mankind's problems.

Advocacy... preaching... sermonizing it's all the same. Chastising and insulting others that don't follow your example is in poor taste.

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
Certainly less per mile than a car but there are emissions. The food you need to eat to replace the calories you burn riding has a significant carbon footprint and associated emissions.
Idk. The food I eat would produce a lot of methane emissions. :D

I want to see a track bike with the sticker, "I BRAKE FOR NOBODY!" and then in small print, "Seriously. No brakes on this thing.".

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
No thanks, I don't want my cars plastered with junk on the outside, for the same reason I don't like billboard jerseys either. If someone wants me to support their stuff by either placing an ad on my car or plastering it across my jersey then they should pay me to do so! Funny, they'll pay to have billboards, flyers, magazine ads etc but want us to pay for their billboard ads on a jersey! Yeah, I know, weird philosophy.

If I had a junker car and needed to cover up dents and rust holes maybe I would consider hiding the blemishes under stickers! Stickers won't make that sort of car any worse to look at!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
No, I don't have favorite bumper stickers, for any of my hobbies. Or for what I do for a living.

I also wouldn't name a boat if I owned one (unless it was a documented yacht that had to be documented and bear a name in lieu of registration, which I'll never be able to afford anyway). Nor would I spend extra money on vanity license plates. That's a form of voluntary taxation in my book. :lol:

And no, I don't name my bikes, either. :wink:

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
No, I don't have favorite bumper stickers, for any of my hobbies. Or for what I do for a living.
How about "Honk if you passed P-Chem" or "Heisenberg may have slept here"? These are tied to what I did for a living and fun too. Or better yet "Chemical Engineering: solving problems you didn't know you had in ways you can't understand."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.