Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my garage i have a metal post that supports an overhead storage area. I was already thinking about getting a bike stand like the Park ones so i can work on my bike but was thinking that i already have a sturdy post and was wondering if there are any options for fixing something to the post with a clamp arm that will hold my bike. TIA

· Registered
5,358 Posts
They make a wall mount base:
http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=23&item=PRS-4W

I have one of the PCS-2 clamps. I bolted it to an L-shaped chunk of steel, and I chuck it into the bench vice on my workbench. It doesn't take up much room like that, and it is reasonably convienent except of course when I need a vice while I'm working on a bike.

The PCS-2 clamp is sturdy but the way you adjust the clamp for different tube diameters is kind of a pain. Instead of just turning an adjustment knob like on the clamps that bike shops use, you have to unscrew two knobs, move the thing they screw into, and screw them back in in a different set of holes. If you work on more than one bike, you're likely to need to adjust the clamp. If I knew this when I bought mine, I'd have spent the extra $20 or whatever it took to get the shop-level clamp like the one shown in the URL above. If you buy from a serious Park reseller (like Bike Parts Etc) you can mix and match the clamp and the base to get what you need. If only I'd known that when I bought mine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.