Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to Easton on Maryland's beautiful Eastern Shore and think its plethora of scenic country roads must make it ideal for cycling.
I'm thinking of getting back on a road bike after a twenty year hiatus and am looking for some local club to join.
Does anyone know of one?

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
There are a lot of organized centuries out there, but I don't know which clubs. LenJ lives in or around Easton, and does a LOT of solo rides out there, and has posted the photo essays to prove it.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeking LenJ

Thanks, but how do I get in touch with LenJ?

Also - am shopping for a good beginer road bike. I've read all the threads that advise that you "buy-up" to the best you can afford so that you won't have to use a fortune on individual upgrades - but that ends up with buying a bike for $1500, which I think is extreme for a beginer bike. I'm considering a LaMond or Specialized in the $800 range.

I figure if I really get bitten by the sporting side of it, I can always sell the old bike or just use it as a winter or poor weather trainer? - Is that a completely nutty way of looking at this?

·
Where's that GPS?
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on Eastern Shore Bike Clubs

Found two bike clubs on the Eastern Shore so far:
CSC (Cycle Sport Club) out of Cambridge and
Shore Velocity out of Salisbury
- would it be a faux pas to join both? :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.