Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speed Trap Sprinter ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we will all agree, BMC frames are amongst the best looking ones, maybe even the best looking ones ever made.
Their industrial beauty that is both bold and simplistic is always appealing to the eye.
But mounting a bike computer to your BMC can be a pain: Ugly sensors etc could ruin the clean lines.

Which bike computers do you use? How did you integrate them? I am very thankful for a bit of inspiration while I will hopefully soon be also a BMC road rider (currently I have only a BMC Mountain Bike and I am not true on the road right now, but, depending on which is the best deal I can find, I will get either an RM01 or SLR01 rather soon)

·
Speed Trap Sprinter ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you have your cadence sensor on the chainstay. Is it just cadence or also speed? Or does speed come via GPS on the Garmin units? (Not sure about that)

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I see you have your cadence sensor on the chainstay. Is it just cadence or also speed? Or does speed come via GPS on the Garmin units? (Not sure about that)
I've just bought it, but I believe the speed can come from either the sensor or the GPS. I was thinking of taking the spoke magnet off to see.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes. Speed can be read from GPS, but it will read a bit shorter on tortuous routes, will show more speed variation which will cause more erroneous autopauses than with the magnet. This is due to the inherent noise and drift in GPS position, which is generally not significant at car speeds and distances, but becomes more of a factor on the bike. That's why they include the magnet. If the GSC10 is there (using it for cadence for instance), it will take it a while to decide to start use the GPS to display speed and distance, though your ride will be recorded accurately when you upload it.

·
Speed Trap Sprinter ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was more about how you use it, not which one. I am mainly interested how you made it look clean and not destroy the lines like the old fork sensor and cable we used 10 years ago

·
Registered
361 Posts
C
As we will all agree, BMC frames are amongst the best looking ones, maybe even the best looking ones ever made.
Their industrial beauty that is both bold and simplistic is always appealing to the eye.
But mounting a bike computer to your BMC can be a pain: Ugly sensors etc could ruin the clean xlines.
I don't agree :) what's up with that ugly thing that connects the top tube with the seat tube? Sticks out like a zit on a prom date. Just saying....

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Why do we need a computer to tell us if we are enjoying our ride.

I just have a little bell. To get people to move out of the way.

View attachment 284825

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.