Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

someone is selling me his frame, Cinelli Aliante. 49cm, 53cm top tube, 62cm with stem.

my size is 54cm, 69cm effective top tube. is the above frame size ok for me? i'm going to use it for racing too that's why i'm a bit hesitant on getting the frame since i don't know if it would be good for me.

thanks!:)

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
You maybe could get it workable with a super long stem, seatpost, or whatever combination. It certainly isn't going to be ideal, and it depends a lot on your individual proportions. I wouldn't do it.

5cm too small seems like a lot. I ride a 48cm and there is about zero chance of me being able to ride anything more than +/- 3cm with any type of comfort. Of course, it's not likely I'd run across a 43cm frame, much less a used one, so I guess that solves my problem.

Pardon me, I'm rambling now. :rolleyes:

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
janix said:
Guys,

someone is selling me his frame, Cinelli Aliante. 49cm, 53cm top tube, 62cm with stem.

my size is 54cm, 69cm effective top tube. is the above frame size ok for me? i'm going to use it for racing too that's why i'm a bit hesitant on getting the frame since i don't know if it would be good for me.

thanks!:)
Sounds to me like the Aliante is their Large size, and you need an XL. I just sold an XL Cinelli Proxima on the weekend, so I've recently re-familiarized myself with their sizing. It measures out to be a 58 cm when you look at effective top and seat tubes.

Even assuming you meant 59cm top tube, you're probably going to fall well short of what you need in the Aliante. With an XL you'd likely be fine, but I don't think an L will get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.