Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some recurring knee pain when I do hard intervals on the trainer. Anybody have a recommendation for a fitter in or around Maryland? All-American in Damascus and Lutherville Bike Shop north of Baltimore do the Serotta system, which I've heard is good. Any preference?

Also, can anybody recommend a sports doc with cycling experience?

· Registered
4,838 Posts
tsvaughn said:
I'm having some recurring knee pain when I do hard intervals on the trainer. Anybody have a recommendation for a fitter in or around Maryland? All-American in Damascus and Lutherville Bike Shop north of Baltimore do the Serotta system, which I've heard is good. Any preference?

Capitol Hill bikes /DC does body laser scanning - but probably more for finding correct bike geometry.

· Premium Member
10,106 Posts
tsvaughn said:
I have had good experiences with Brian Krabak, who is with Johns Hopkins Sports Medicine. The first time that I went to Dr. Krabak, I was having knee problems -- I brought my bike and indoor trainer; he examined me while I was pedaling on the bike. It sometimes is hard to get an appointment with him, but if you are not in extreme distress, it is worth it.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/orthopedicsurgery/krabak.html

http://www.jhintl.net/JHI/English/Doctors/AboutKrabak.asp

· Registered
147 Posts
tsvaughn said:

The Bicycle Place on Grubb Rd in Silver Spring does good fitting. They do a lot of custom bikes and are very knowledgeable about that sort of thing.
www.thebicycleplace.com

For Sport docs - Dr. Daniel Pereles (said: Peer-less) at Montgomery Orthopaedics in Kensington will be fixing my husband's knee (torn meniscus) soon and had done a lot of work on cyclists. He came highly recommended.
www.montgomeryorthopaedics.com

Good luck!

· Inching to 1000 (again)
1,050 Posts
I'll second that opinion

Dr. Pereles has treated me for a dislocated shoulder. Twice. Ouch. I highly recommend him. Good bedside manner as well.

For Sport docs - Dr. Daniel Pereles (said: Peer-less) at Montgomery Orthopaedics in Kensington will be fixing my husband's knee (torn meniscus) soon and had done a lot of work on cyclists. He came highly recommended.
www.montgomeryorthopaedics.com

Good luck![/quote]

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.