Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid for the body scan, the one that is like an imaging machine. Not really that happy and actaully kind of umcomfortable. Going to ask a shop that does Serotta fitting and am actaully thinking of going to a shop that does fits and has done them for pros but is $250.00.

Any suggestions, advice. Really just trying to get more comfortable and more power effiecient on the bike and ease a nagging knee pain. I ride pretty regular logging over 5000 miles in 2005.

THANKS!

· Registered
339 Posts
Just find a reputable LBS and get them to sit you on the trainer and do an on bike fitting and explain what your issues are, people are different so doing a fitting just by numbers hardly ever works well. I often return to the LBS where I got my Roubaix for fit adjustments like that as I change parts and get more comfortable in the stretched out position of a road bike as opposed to a mountain bike.

· Registered
10,161 Posts
wasting money...

Bike fit is not that complicated. If you get your knee within 1cm of KOP, then you can experiment on your own with saddle fore/aft position. As for saddle to handlebar height difference, experimentatin is again the key. Some folks can only tolerate 5cm and others can handle 8-12. As for stem length or reach, if your stem is long enough to keep your knees and arms from hitting while riding in the drops, with your back low, then it's long enough.

As for your knne pain, you should first eliminate the possibilty of knee injury, that no fitting will ever cure. I had a nagging, but not too painfull knee pain for several years. I had a torn meniscus that needed repair. I had the other one repaired four years earlier. You may also have foot and leg misalignment issues that require correction with cleat wedges.

Discomfort on long rides can also be due to inadequate fitness. If you don't perform midsection, neck and arm exercises to keep in shape, you probably won't be comfortable for long.

www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.