Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Marek, there aren't really any industry standards. Much will depend on the type of fitting, whether you're getting a fit at a bike shop or with a coach, and also where you're located.

I'm in San Francisco. I've seen fittings for as little as $75 from local bike shops. And there are coaches who charge $400+.

I charge $150 and include cleat positioning in my fee.

Lorri

· Registered
11 Posts
If you're talking about a new road bike, the shop you bought from should include it for free. My shop (Chicago suburbs) gives a free fit with the purchase of a road bike. A first time roadie getting an entry level bike usually gets a pretty standard fitting. The people who have been riding for a while (and are in a position to give us more input on their likes and dislikes of previous bikes) get a fit more customized to their preferences. Your shop should also include a stem swap for free if your body position calls for it. If you bought the bike somewhere else (on the internet?) or used, we'd charge you $50 to $100. When you're shopping around, you should also ask about whether the price includes additional "fine tuning" visits, or if they will cost you extra.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
When I had my bike built, I had a fitting that was only 15 minutes and cost $30.
My one leg is shorter and now I am thinking I need to go somewhere that goes
through the whole rigamarole. How\where would I go about finding a top level
fitting service in my area (Pittsburgh)?

· Registered
973 Posts
Comprehensive 2D BG FIT -- $60
The 2D fit is a custom fit that guarantees significant gains in comfort, efficiency, and power. Adjustments include:

-Flexibility assesment
-Dynamic saddle height adjustment
-Dynamic fore-aft saddle position adjustment
-Dynamic handlebar height adjustment
-Cleat Adjustment

Approximate time for Comprehensive 2D fit is 45 minutes. Dynamic means while peddaling on a stationary bike.

Cost: $60 + Parts

Advanced 3D BG PRO FIT -- $175

The 3D Advanced BG Fit is the highest level of custom fitting bike to body resulting in maximum increases in comfort, efficiency, and power. 3D fit includes all elements of 2D with the following additions:

-Advanced flexibility assessment
-Advanced structural assessment
-Footbed fitting
-Hip, knee, and foot alignment
-Other adjustments as needed
Approximate time for Advanced 3D fit is 1-3 hours

$25 Credit with new bike purchase!

Cost: $175 (Includes Specialized BG Foot Beds & Shims)

· Registered
43 Posts
shades9323 said:
Comprehensive 2D BG FIT -- $60

Advanced 3D BG PRO FIT -- $175

Pretty good price. My local Spec. store lists the cost as $150 for the 2D and $300 for the 3D. Their site says the 3D is supposed to take 2-3 hours, and you get a thumb-drive with all of your measurements and recommendations to take with you. This LBS includes the 2D for free with any new bike purchase over $700. YMMV.

· Registered
64 Posts
i got my seat adjusted and new handlebars and bar tape. They swapped everything out and it was $40 for the bars, 15 for new bar tape and $25 for labor.

Its a newer shop run by a hometown guy and I think he is undercharging in attempt to build a good customer base

· Registered
53 Posts
it sorta depends on your body, and the fitting done. i fit on most 56 cm bikes just about perfectly when they are stock. i need a stem swap on some, but im lucky in the fit department. i was charged 100 to fit me to my old bike, and i was allowed to apply the 100 as credit to the new bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.