Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is a college freshman track athlete. He wants to get into tri racing and needs a bike. His school has a bike team, and he knows these kids and intends to train with them. He's aware that he ought to have a road bike for these rides, so he's thinking road bike plus aero bars for racing.

I haven't looked into the $1,200 complete bike category in years. Could somebody tip me to a brand with good value and reasonable cool factor in this area?

Thanks everyone,

Alex

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
giant tcr could fit the bill

it was my first tri bike with clip on aero bars--came with bladed spoke wheels, aero fork, and aero seat post. now i think the stock trc is not aero but anyway the point is it can serve double duty
go to www.slowtwitch.com and look at the reviews and bike fit section

if he is a serious triathlete--wants to win his age group, etc, then i'd go get fit and then go to ebay and buy a good used tri bike and a decent road bike for off season training--likely get both used for the price of one new if you look and get lucky (better deals are in the winter, but still it is pre-tri season so you might find someone dumping an old tri bike for something new.

good luck
jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts