Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a previous post it was recommended that I check out used cyclocross bikes for commuting. I found this intriguing since I wouldn't mind getting a cyclocross bike. This has me wondering, however, what are some good road or cyclocross bike options for commuting I might be able to find at a reasonable price used (or even unused). I live in Colorado and would like to tour the state one day so it would need a triple. I looked at an Yeti Arc-X but it doesn't have holes to accept racks. Those holes are necessary right?

Thanks,

Marc

· Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Those "holes" are called eyelets and they're threaded so the bolt that holds on the rack is secured in the eyelet. It's not as elegant or clean, but you can use P-clamps with bolts, lockwashers & nuts to attach a rack to seatstays which lack eyelets. P-clamps can be found in the electrical supply section of your favorite home improvement store or a bike shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.