Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my toe rubbing the front wheel. I was thinking of replacing my current fork with one with a longer rake to correct or minimize this problem. My question is, what will be the effect on the steering if I use a fork with more rake?

Thanks,

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Be careful-

Toe overlap is something that most of us have and is only an issue at near nil speeds. Such as when you first start off. Once you get pedaling the amount of turn you would have to make to make wheel/toe contact would be quite severe, unless you have gigantic feet.

Frames are designed to handle with a certain rake of fork. This is not too say that you could not change it. Just know that you may solve one issue and create another in terms of bike handling. Take a long look at your situation and see if the contact only occurs when you first mount your bike, if so don't sweat it. If your problem continues than proceed with caution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.