Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a loyal BHS customer for about five years. Recently, I placed a $250 order for rims, spokes, and hubs. When the parts arrived, they had sent me two front hubs instead of the pair that I had ordered. Brandon was quick to send out the replacement, but he never confirmed to me via email that a replacement had been sent. When the replacement arrived, it was the wrong color and a different model than the one I had paid for. I again sent an email to the BHS explaining the error. A second replacement was sent out, again without any notification about the status of the shipment or if they had even received my email about the second error.

I sent an email to Brandon thanking him for quickly sending the replacements (even though one was completely wrong). However, considering the two delays that were involved, and the two trips I had to make to the post office to return the wrongly-sent hubs, I suggested to Brandon that some sort of compensation might be in order. He told me that all he could offer was his apology!

When a company screws up an order, keeps the customer in the dark, doesn't make sure that the replacement isn't absolutely correct, and then makes a loyal customer pay for their sloppy mistakes, I can't see any reason to continue doing business with them. I really got the impression that the BHS didn't care about or need my business. Maybe since they got the storefront, they feel they don't need to be concerned about such things. Maybe they don't, but they lost my business and I'd suggest that others might want to think twice before ordering from them.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Did BHS pay for the return shipping? Optimally, they would have sent you a paid return shipping label where you could schedule a pickup at your convenience.

As businesses grow, the challenges change, and there are often growing pains associated with that. Sounds like that's what might be going on at BHS.

338 Posts
I'd agree it might be growing pains, but you have to take into account that they're not a big-time operation. For the prices you're paying there's probably not as much margin, he's a small business. If you were paying a lot more than other outlets you'd have the option of sourcing your stuff elsewhere. In this case it's kind of hard to beat his prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts