Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously miffed at this company.

They offer a great sale price on a particular item, showing it as "in stock".

A week goes by without delivery, then they switch your order status to "in transit to our dispatch facility".... a third week later they issue you a notice that the item is "out of stock" and offer you to switch to a similar item at it's regular, full retail price - or, you can cancel your order - and they then take about another week to finally refund your money after having squeezed interest out of it for a month.

They pulled this exact scheme on me twice on saddles over the last 8 weeks, all the while swearing via email that everything was on track when questioned.

Word to the wise: Avoid the Bike-Inn bait and switch con like the plague.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
A week goes by without delivery, then they switch your order status to "in transit to our dispatch facility".... a third week later they issue you a notice that the item is "out of stock" and offer you to switch to a similar item at it's regular, full retail price - or, you can cancel your order - and they then take about another week to finally refund your money after having squeezed interest out of it for a month.
Dude. Yes. They totally screwed you for a tenth of a cent of interest.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Dude. Yes. They totally screwed you for a tenth of a cent of interest.

Thanks for the heads up.
Not true at all. You assume that their suppliers charge them the bank saving rate on overdue payables. They're using their customers' money to cover their debts & save money on overdue interest charges. It's not unusual to see a 2% interest charge after 30 days on vendors' invoices.

But if you're ok with this I'll give you my paypal account # and you can send me a grand. I'll totally pay you back in a month. Find some friends of yours that are willing to do this if you don't mind.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not true at all. You assume that their suppliers charge them the bank saving rate on overdue payables. They're using their customers' money to cover their debts & save money on overdue interest charges. It's not unusual to see a 2% interest charge after 30 days on vendors' invoices.

But if you're ok with this I'll give you my paypal account # and you can send me a grand. I'll totally pay you back in a month. Find some friends of yours that are willing to do this if you don't mind.
They are too busy thinking they are such wise guys, Dave, and completely overlooking the obvious major point of the post. That being bike-inn.com's bait and switch tactics where they advertise a great come on price on high end $400+ items claiming they are in stock and ready to ship - only to weeks later attempt to switch you to a secondary level at it's full retail price.

They are playing it from all ends. 2% squeezed from just a few hundred folks turns into significant "found" free money, never mind 100,000. $3 my ass.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Usually when I get burned by a company I stop using them after the first time.

You've used this company 3 times now...maybe it's time to uhh...stop using them?!

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
They've screwed me over three times, that's way more than I should have allowed.

Strangely sometimes they show really low prices on Google search but I have the same experience as the OP but worse.

First time I tried to order they told me that they don't mail anything to anyone who doesn't send them a copy of their driver's license and passport... ??? Really?

Next time was just like the OP. Bunch of bibs were up for low prices, I ordered like $1300 worth. Order went through, they took the money this time, but it was probably 3 weeks before the order was cancelled with no communication otherwise. Guess what? The bibs were still in stock but now they were over double the price?

I did get one order from them, a pair of shoes. Took about a month or more for them to arrive, I was shocked when they actually showed up.

Don't even bother asking about their "customer service." Don't even get me going there.

·
Registered
486 Posts
They've screwed me over three times, that's way more than I should have allowed.

Strangely sometimes they show really low prices on Google search but I have the same experience as the OP but worse.

First time I tried to order they told me that they don't mail anything to anyone who doesn't send them a copy of their driver's license and passport... ??? Really?

Next time was just like the OP. Bunch of bibs were up for low prices, I ordered like $1300 worth. Order went through, they took the money this time, but it was probably 3 weeks before the order was cancelled with no communication otherwise. Guess what? The bibs were still in stock but now they were over double the price?

I did get one order from them, a pair of shoes. Took about a month or more for them to arrive, I was shocked when they actually showed up.

Don't even bother asking about their "customer service." Don't even get me going there.
I guess I don't get it. Why would you use them two additional times after they asked for your license and passport the first time?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Usually when I get burned by a company I stop using them after the first time.

You've used this company 3 times now...maybe it's time to uhh...stop using them?!
Mr Scott: There's an old, old saying on earth, Mr. Sulu: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I'm not sure what Mr Scott would say to you on your third attempt, but it would not be good.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I've ordered from Bike Discount DE before as well. Everything was good. Every time I order they send me a free jersey. Totally wearable jersey too.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

I'm overwhelmed by your logic and critical thinking. It's so down-right practical and...

Oh, nope. Never mind.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts

"fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,404 Posts
I guess I don't get it. Why would you use them two additional times after they asked for your license and passport the first time?

I think he's putting you on. I would have asked for his social security number too! :wink5:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts