Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
adheres to Rule #9
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a couple of jerseys so I don't always wear the same one as I have been for quite some time now.

I came across "bike-mall" and saw that have some cool looking jerseys for pretty cheap. Has anybody bought from them, are they safe?

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I can tell you that any of the clothing they are selling are knock offs. At those prices there is no way those are the real deal. You can buy the same stuff on ebay all day long. At least with ebay/paypal you might get a little protection when/if the purchase goes south.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was looking there too. Seems pretty shady, no phone number or location of anything listed. I sent them a message from their "contact us" page.

Did you try to order from them, or decide against it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike-Mall purchase

I just received my first order from Bike-Mall and I am very impressed with the quality of the kit for the price. Amazingly, it only took 5 days (!) for it to arrive from China and I was able to track my package, too. I have paid a lot more money for shorts and jerseys that lacked the quality of this kit. If you are worried about the company being legit, don't. Is it worth the money? For jerseys, for sure. For shorts, well, I know we cyclists are pretty picky about our chamois. I'm happy and I will be ordering from Bike-Mall again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
research shows...

So the website is based out of China, and Tokee...the "reviewer" just joined the forum. I would be much more impressed with a review from someone who has been a member longer than 2 weeks. I, myself just joined, as I do not want to see my fellow bikers get duped into thinking that tokee is a real biker. I am in the computer industry and see stuff like this all the time. Bad reviews come out about something and then, magically, there is this great review from someone who claims to have ordered from them. Maybe I am just a skeptic and you can make your own assumptions, but I will be waiting until I can find out more about this company than one online reviews. Maybe roadbikereview.com or bicycling.com could do a comprehensive review on the site. I would feel more comfortable after I see this...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Caveat Emptor

I just had a similar experience with starscycle.net. I'd post the link but since I have only read posts here for years and never posted, I'm not allowed to.

I found some great pricing at stars cycle and started to buy. When they didn't take credit cards, I looked at their contact us page. Indonesia - no credit cards - therefore no way to unwind the purchase if it goes sour, no thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First Purchase

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a kit from Bike-Mall for a friend who has just built up a new De Rosa. He has plenty of money to buy any kit he wants but I didn't think he would p/u a De Rosa kit. I am not so fortunate and have kids in private school so I build my own bikes and purchase everything off of ebay. Hey mccarthyej, just to get it straight, this is my first post but I have been a member for years. (don't you just love people who have an opinion based on no facts?) Also been riding for 39 years and have built many bikes over the years both road and dirt. I currently have a Ridley Helium (sorry for the rest of you but I guess this guy needs validation). Anyway the kit just showed up and it is fantastic. It was the wrong size. Do not go up one size, go straight across. The build quality is quite good. Even the zipper is better than many real jerseys I have. Being a knock off all of the tags say "made in italy". I would totally recommend the site to anyone who can't afford the real deal but wants to look sharp on the road. I will post a follow up with the return process when it is complete. Keep spinning.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ordered a kit from them on July 28, it just shipped today (11 Aug). I knew going in that it would take about 3 weeks (same as my order from cycling outfit.com), but it's looking closer to 4 weeks now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I received mine in 8 days (I live in Cali). If it is any consolation, mine is for a friend and my be the wrong size. I got a response from my inquiry with 12 hours. Not bad. Good luck. I would like to hear what you think when you receive it. From the one I received it will be hard to pay retail again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I feel like this bike-mall place is selling stuff that they are getting from monton-cycling.com

You get free shipping from monton, and I did get a 2011 liquigas kit from them. The jersey fits good (I'm 5'10"/195lbs), I ordered an XXL and the bib is small, I can barely get into it (XL). Looks wise they are nice, they came with CoolMax tags on them.

I want to order a set of Oakley Jawbones from them, but I don't know if they are fake, and for $65-79 for fake Oakleys thats a rip off. I'd pay $20 tops for fake Oakleys.

I emailed monton-cycling asking if the Oakleys were authentic and real and that I didn't want fake ones, and their reply was simply this: "hello, friend. It is authentic. Thanks!".

Not very encouraging to say the least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting on the sizing. I reminds me of Mexico back in the day. I wear an 11 which is a 9 in Mexican sizing. I doubt the Jawbones are legit but knock offs are getting pretty good these days. I will try and find out where the real ones are made. One of my riding buddies works for Oakley Golf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok,after three weeks, i have my order from bike-mall.com (fom china to slovakia). i've purchased thermal castelli kit and tried it in 12degrees and i can tell, that i was afraid about delivery and quality of kit, but now i am suprised about it. it fits good, material is not so good like original, but for 50€ it was a good deal... but if you want some clothes from this shop u have to buy a one size number larger than normal. i usualy buy size L, but XL size is great for me. when the order was paid for two weeks and no order came to me, i wrote there.the next day i recieved an email from their customer support with answers for my questions. so, in my opinion, it is a fair shop with low prices and i'm sure, i will buy again something from there in future.

·
Ride the dirt!
16 Posts
I'm a noob to this site, just joined today specifically for this thread but also because the site has pretty good content and you can't be a member of too many forums.

Ok so here is the deal. I was looking for riding gear and found bike-mall.com and after looking at the pricing of the kits it was clear that this was either knock-off or bogus all together. So I searched and found this thread and really only this thread on the web about this place. After bouncing around this site and liking it, I decided to join and provide a review of Bike-mall.com.

So I decided to order a kit and do an evaluation for everyone with pics. I ordered a Specialized kit today, 10/23/2011 (I would post a link but can't since I just joined, I'll contribute and add the link when I can). I usually ride team gear, I used to race for a local coffee shop here in Milwaukee, WI - Alterra Coffee. Our team kits come from Voler so I'll compare this product to that. Voler makes great kits and the chamois is really comfortable, so we'll see how the bibs match up. One thing that I'll be interested in is the sizing. I usually wear M jersey and L bibs, but I went with L jersey and XL bibs.

I pay with Paypal all the time on most of my purchases and was glad they had it but it is a little suspect that they ONLY use Paypal. I paid with a credit card via Paypal to insure my purchase, no direct pull from my checking account.

I purchased the shipping since I want it sooner than 28 days on the free shipping but we'll see what happens there.

So hopefully I'll have a review for everyone in a couple of weeks.

TonyG

·
9,790 Posts
Isn't it funny how pretty much all of the posters in this thread have <100 posts, some only 1 or 2 posts. I'm pretty sure this is significant....

·
Ride the dirt!
16 Posts
Isn't it funny how pretty much all of the posters in this thread have <100 posts, some only 1 or 2 posts. I'm pretty sure this is significant....
funny ha-ha or funny ironic? j/k, yea, it looks fishy that's for sure but I pulled the trigger and ordered to see for myself. If I can save some coin on clothing and buy more bike parts instead I'll buy a couple of kits from here if the quality is sufficient.

·
9,790 Posts
bike-mall.com sells nothing but counterfeit clothing. They are stealing the graphics/designs of legitimate companies, slapping them on crappy shorts with pitiful pads and jerseys that never fit quite right and selling them to people with a broken ethical compass who just want "cheap" no matter who gets hurt.

Registrar: FastDomain Inc.
Provider Name....: BlueHost.Com
Provider Whois...: whois.bluehost.com
Provider Homepage: Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com

Domain Name: BIKE-MALL.COM

Created on..............: 2011-03-12 06:39:57 GMT
Expires on..............: 2012-03-12 05:40:06 GMT
Last modified on........: 2011-05-18 06:29:22 GMT

They only registered the domain for a year. That's a good indication that they don't plan on being around long.

They're also using a registration masking service so that their actual information isn't available. They are either in Indonesia or China then. The counterfeiters have realized that people DO look up the Whois information on the websites to see if they're legitimate or not. Of course, a "private listing" mask for an e-commerce site is as big of a red flag as having Indonesia or China in the address for the domain name owner.

People who buy their crap get what they deserve.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.