Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have seen those bike mounts they have for cars where u take out your front wheel and clip the fork into a clamp and the bike stands upright. Well i want an easier way to transport my bikes inside my car and am lookin into gettin some but the only problem is how to secure it. I was going to get some mounts and screw them into a 2x4 but i have no idea how to secure the 2x4 into my car. I have a Lexus rx30 and the bikes fit with the back seats folded down. Is there any one who knows a good way to secure these clamps into the inside of a car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does your car have that hairy stuff in the back? If so, then simply buy an after market floor mat with the little sharp pimples on the bottom and attach it to the 2x4. That should stop it from sliding around.

Birddog

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Birddog said:
Does your car have that hairy stuff in the back? If so, then simply buy an after market floor mat with the little sharp pimples on the bottom and attach it to the 2x4. That should stop it from sliding around.

Birddog
Or the 'hook' side of velcro will stick to the carpet. - TF

·
Island Hopping cyclist
430 Posts
My Odyessy has small indentions that I set the board into.

I have a riding partener that mounted the 2x4 to a piece of 3/4" plywood that was cut to fit snugly into the cargo area of a Pathfinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts